Alternatives to Absynth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote:Not keeping up with absynth was boarderline criminal on the part of NI. there is a huge following for that piece going wayyyyy back. Half the reason people got into it was for the granular so a replacement would have to have granular. I believe that discounts zebra, other wise zebra would fit the bill. Alchemy2 is probably closest. The sad thing is all they have to do is update the GUI and give it better filters.
Criminal?
It's a crime against humanity!

Absynth 6 must be a low priority at NI. Looks like Reaktor and Kontakt are their bread and butter plugins.

Kalamata Kid wrote:aMUSEd,
thanks for the suggestion
Crystal is new to me
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/crystal-by-green-oak
Too bad not wav import. Free is a great price!

Does Omnisphere allow to import user wav samples? If I recall it does so in a limited way.

I really like the sound of Absynth and it allows user WAV import. I have become aware of some its shortcomings and that is why I would like to see an ABsynth 6 or a great alternative. Too bad Simon delivered the bad news that he will not develop the ABsynth/Alchemy/Machfive/Iris/Serum/Padshop VSTi.
Doesn't Crystal have wav import? Not used it for years. I seem to remember it at least supporting sf2 format.

One thing neither Omni or Crystal have that Absynth does is the ability to create and edit sounds additively - only Alchemy would give you that (not Halion or Falcon either).

It's worth getting Logic X for Alchemy 2 alone, of course if you don't do the Mac thing you're bummed.

aMUSEd wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:aMUSEd,
thanks for the suggestion
Crystal is new to me
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/crystal-by-green-oak
Too bad not wav import. Free is a great price!

Does Omnisphere allow to import user wav samples? If I recall it does so in a limited way.

I really like the sound of Absynth and it allows user WAV import. I have become aware of some its shortcomings and that is why I would like to see an ABsynth 6 or a great alternative. Too bad Simon delivered the bad news that he will not develop the ABsynth/Alchemy/Machfive/Iris/Serum/Padshop VSTi.
Doesn't Crystal have wav import? Not used it for years. I seem to remember it at least supporting sf2 format.

One thing neither Omni or Crystal have that Absynth does is the ability to create and edit sounds additively - only Alchemy would give you that (not Halion or Falcon either).
the fellow that developed crystal , glenn olander , is now at spectrasonics , iirc ...

Maybe some of the Virsyn stuff but that seems even more dead as Absynth itself.
If you have Reaktor 6 you can extend it yourself.....i mean create something like that yourself.
At least it´s running still fine on the latest OS updates here.
I think we just only will see Reaktor synths from N.I.

Fathom
I mentioned to the Dev about a granular module and he's says it's on the development list
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I still dont understand why NI doesnt work or havent released Absynth 6 yet...would sell like hot cakes. There is a big fan base!!! Also, its a great synth with a lot of capabilities, but sound engine became a bit outdated compared to competition.

HcDoom wrote:I still dont understand why NI doesnt work or havent released Absynth 6 yet...would sell like hot cakes. There is a big fan base!!! Also, its a great synth with a lot of capabilities, but sound engine became a bit outdated compared to competition.
Same with Massive. What are they thinking there?? :? I old Massive, it was too tiny on my screen and filters are not that good for the current tunes.

HcDoom wrote:I still dont understand why NI doesnt work or havent released Absynth 6 yet...would sell like hot cakes. There is a big fan base!!! Also, its a great synth with a lot of capabilities, but sound engine became a bit outdated compared to competition.
Are you assuming a paid upgrade? I wouldn't pay for it, and I really like Absynth. I'd wait for it to come bundled in Komplete. I would also bet that a LOT of their customer base would feel that way.

I actually prefer that they focus on Reaktor instruments. I'd even prefer to have Absynth in Reaktor with the associated efficiency loss.

Absynth:

Massive:

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's worth getting Logic X for Alchemy 2 alone, of course if you don't do the Mac thing you're bummed.
There aren't any upgrade paths from Alchemy 1 are there?

Augren wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:It's worth getting Logic X for Alchemy 2 alone, of course if you don't do the Mac thing you're bummed.
There aren't any upgrade paths from Alchemy 1 are there?
No, not that I know of, that would be upgrading from a single synth from a company which doesn't exist anymore (Camel Audio) to a DAW developed by Apple.

Plus you get Sculpture... and I think it is worth getting Logic X just for Sculpture :)

pdxindy wrote:
Plus you get Sculpture... and I think it is worth getting Logic X just for Sculpture :)
True, so it's worth getting Logic for Sculpture, Alchemy 2, Delay Designer and the Tape Delay alone.

If you're looking for a granular synth, http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/granite.php this is pretty much the best I've run into.

Return to “Instruments”