Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I took the blue lines out and lightened the background a bit. Only did the 1.5 size but that seems to be a good size for 1920X1080.

(image downsized for KVR).
OBXd 091321-3.png

Ilkka Rosma Dark Tek Edit 04

-----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I’d recommend a repost at OB-Xd themes topic as well.

discoDSP wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 am I also found an issue using retina bitmaps on macOS, not sure about Windows but looks like hi-res assets are not initially loaded. Will fix prior to 2.5 release.

If someone here has Hi-DPI on Windows please test VST/VST3 and report back if the problem also happens (GUI loads @1x assets instead @2x/@4x assets, it's easily noticeable).
Hi discoDSP, I just tried the latest nightly and assets load just fine in Windows with a high-dpi monitor (4k, 150% OS scaling) and I must say it looks beautiful. The only 'issue' I see is that the menu font size does not scale and it looks tiny. I'm attaching an image to demonstrate what I mean (I could not upload a complete image, KVR kept telling me 'file too large').

obxd_4k_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:19 amThe only 'issue' I see is that the menu font size does not scale and it looks tiny.
Not a bug per se but not the desired behaviour either. Font size should scale accordingly indeed. We'll get a Release Candidate 3 soon :)

New nightly https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
  • Build set as 2.5 Release Candidate 3.
  • Fixed font size scaling on 1.5x and 2x GUI sizes.
  • Preset Bar now uses bold font for better visibility.
  • Specific fonts for each system (Helvetica Neue for macOS, Arial for Windows and DejaVu Sans for Linux).
Consider this one as the official 2.5 If no more big issues are found.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 pm New nightly https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
  • Build set as 2.5 Release Candidate 3.
  • Fixed font size scaling on 1.5x and 2x GUI sizes.
  • Specific fonts for each system (Helvetica Neue for macOS, Arial for Windows and DejaVu Sans for Linux).
Consider this one as the official 2.5 If no more big issues are found.
Great! Can I suggest a larger increase in font size from 1x to 1.5x (1.5x to 2x increase seems to be right).
This is how the text looks proportionally at each size on my end:

OBXD_gui_font_comparison.jpg

They should be larger than that on 1.5 and 2x. What’s your exact screen display setting and monitor model?

OB-Xd v2.5 has been released.

What's new
  • Added Scalable GUI (1x, 1.5x, 2x) with HiDPI support for all platforms.
  • Added Luke's Soundhouse 80s & Synthwave Presets bank.
  • Revised all themes XML knob sizes and alignments.
  • Updated assets with 4x bitmaps including Ilkka Rosma Dark theme.
  • Streamlined Menu.
  • Updated themes folder error dialog assets and window size.
  • Added program popup menu when clicking Preset Bar name.
  • Added Menu Help version and Open PDF manual (Windows and macOS).
  • Miscellaneous fixes an enhancements.
Download is available for macOS, Windows and Linux at https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/

GitHub Mirror at https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd/releases/tag/v2.5

Cheers,
George.
Last edited by discoDSP on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great update George. Thanks!

Does the Mac installer have the right version? I still see all plugins at 2.4.

spacelake wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:34 pm Does the Mac installer have the right version? I still see all plugins at 2.4.
Download the installer again. It has been fixed already.

on my mac, when i go in the menu, click help and then manual, nothing happens. Is it a security issue on my end?

also, what does GLD slop do? I tried searching the manual and this thread, but didn't see anything.

XpanderDude wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 pm on my mac, when i go in the menu, click help and then manual, nothing happens. Is it a security issue on my end?
Please re-download the installer and install again. The PDF file destination wasn't correct.

XpanderDude wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:30 pm also, what does GLD slop do? I tried searching the manual and this thread, but didn't see anything.
It's related to portamento detune amount.

Return to “Instruments”