The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I usually try to keep out of these bitwig topics, except to look at teh excellent cat pictures of course.

:-)

But I for one will be most surprised if bigwig deliver this year, and if they deliver a product with ALL the features of Ableton (the easiest and most efficient audio decompilation on the market for example), and one that is at least half as stable. Because Ableton is silly stable on my system. Even more stable than Studio One, which is VERY stable, and REAPER, which is rock solid stable, but is a bit funny about certain third party VSTs.

Look, I have no massive loyalty to Ableton, apart from the fact they give me very good support - the best support overall I have had in fact - and their product doesn't give me any gip anyway to even call for support, generally.

If bigwig can better that - I'm in. But for now, and there is no easy way to say this, how about some more cat pics?

:-)

That cat expression seems fitting :hihi:

"bitwig this year? Don't be silly".....

codec_spurt wrote:But I for one will be most surprised if bigwig deliver this year
IIRC, in their Musikmesse video earlier in the year didn't they say that it would be released between May or July of this year? Come to think of it, didn't they hint at something similar the year before?

At this stage of the game, there's about a snowball's chance in hell I'd ever buy it anyway(2 years ago they would've definitely had my money), but FFS, the obligatory 10 first-page threads about Bitwig-n-cats really F up the signal to noise ratio when I'm lurking around KVR trying to figure out if anything new is happening in the DAW industry :cry: :shock:

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Yawnn Yawn Yawning whats a Bitwig to do ? Image

jeffh wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:But I for one will be most surprised if bigwig deliver this year
IIRC, in their Musikmesse video earlier in the year didn't they say that it would be released between May or July of this year? Come to think of it, didn't they hint at something similar the year before?

At this stage of the game, there's about a snowball's chance in hell I'd ever buy it anyway(2 years ago they would've definitely had my money), but FFS, the obligatory 10 first-page threads about Bitwig-n-cats really F up the signal to noise ratio when I'm lurking around KVR trying to figure out if anything new is happening in the DAW industry :cry: :shock:
Yep.

hibidy wrote:
Yep.

Don't be coy.

Show us what you got.

Why let a hard day's cat trawling go to waste?

Give us the cuties of the day.

No one does it better than you.

There's a song in there, but we'll just stop about now.

You're so vain and all that.

Cat pics already!

harumphh!

Please remember to take your medications daily as prescribed by your doctor.

So I wonder, are their users who really are that put off by their marketing strategy, that no matter if its wonderful, really won't give this company any of thei time or money.?

What's really amazing is that beta test can run so long and not have any leaks. This is assuming that the beta has actually been running a year or more.

Seriously, not a peep. :shrug: Not a guy who claims to have heard from a guy on the beta team, nothing. For people who kinda talked too early about the product, they seem to have made sure testers didn't blab.

They must be summarily executing beta test leakers. :)

Next month, right?? RIGHT?!!!

hibidy wrote:That cat expression seems fitting :hihi:

"bitwig this year? Don't be silly".....
Looks like a cat that knows something we don't know. Image
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

TheoM wrote:So I wonder, are their users who really are that put off by their marketing strategy, that no matter if its wonderful, really won't give this company any of thei time or money.?
bitwig is just like that sports team you hate. No matter what they do or how good a team they have, gonna hate anyways :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:What's really amazing is that beta test can run so long and not have any leaks. This is assuming that the beta has actually been running a year or more.

Seriously, not a peep. :shrug: Not a guy who claims to have heard from a guy on the beta team, nothing. For people who kinda talked too early about the product, they seem to have made sure testers didn't blab.

They must be summarily executing beta test leakers. :)
It's because there is no bitwig :hihi:

One guy was talking smack over at the live forum about it, he's disappeared.

dalor wrote:Image
Next month, right?? RIGHT?!!!
Puts my postings to shame :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”