Overloud TH3 (Released)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
a123321
KVRer
24 posts since 30 Jun, 2007

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Does anybody know if overloud plans to release  TH3?  
TH2  is almost 3 years old. 

Edit: As I checked the official site, it seems it is released after 2 years of waiting :D .
Last edited by a123321 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie Queen
KVRAF
4647 posts since 1 Aug, 2005 from Warszawa, Poland

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

But what else would they add? New amp models? I don't know it that would be sufficient to boost whole number. It seems very mature to me.

hibidy
KVRAF
42530 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

It begs the question. What would everyone like to see?

For me, I'd like a reworking and simplification of the presets. Not sure it would be worth a version 3 upgrade but that is one thing I can think of.

heffus
KVRian
1085 posts since 3 Aug, 2005 from Chicago

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 am

Back when I sold TH2 because of the clunky interface and bad preset system, I was told by Overloud that the interface would eventually be redone in the style of Mark Studio 2. I got tired of waiting though and sold it. I gotta admit, I miss that Lynchbox, Randall T2 and Brunetti.

Zombie Queen
KVRAF
4647 posts since 1 Aug, 2005 from Warszawa, Poland

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:11 am

Well, I would rather like Mark Studio interface to be redone in style of TH2, I guess it's matter of personal preferences. The preset system in TH2 could be sorted out with few minor tweaks IMO. They just need to drop "load sound / load variation" thing as it's entirely confusing and tweak scrolling / saving presets a little.

Like Hibidy said, I don't think reworking preset system is worth calling version 3.

@heffus Actually I'm quite happy you have sold it.

zvenx
KVRAF
10273 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 am

heffus wrote:.......because of the clunky interface and bad preset system, I was told by Overloud that the interface would eventually be redone in the style of Mark Studio 2. .......
I like you do not like the clunky interface and bad preset system and been waiting for them to redo it as they did say to me in an email as well.
But I haven't gotten rid of mine, still my favourite software amp simulators.

rsp

b15fliptop
KVRist
419 posts since 5 Jan, 2007

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:49 am

Love TH2! Probably the most underrated amp sim around. I also like the interface as is, not that ther isn't always room for improvement. Ever since they implemented the "no wasted clicks" update a few months back, I prefer the interface to any other sim I've used.

electro
KVRAF
4845 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:23 am

Scuffham and Amplitube Slash and have stepped up the level of ITB pre and power Amp Modelling, but TH-2 has the best Cabinet section of all.

Someone recently posted a relevant comment about static Cab impulses being the thing in most need of improvement for ITB Amp sims.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

hibidy
KVRAF
42530 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm

lolz, everyone is so different! I always use an IR with TH2. The recabient ones are great to me.

I like mine. I agree with heffus that those are really nice. I never use the standard amps, just the brand names. The others just don't sound right.

There is something 3 could have, more amps!!!!

AC222
KVRian
1055 posts since 17 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I have my doubts. I know Simone was heavily involved in the development and I tried to reach him a few times to ask him questions about a number of things and never heard back from him. The support time, however, is very responsive.

It's been a long time and TH2 brought some new models but the models from TH1 seemed to be no different than TH2.

On dynamic response, TH2 has uses its own signature "respire technology" that is aimed to simulate the movement of air. It does do something. I'm not a huge fan of the cabs so I used to disable the cab model itself and enable the respire technology and place in front of a third party impulse. These days I am using Torpedo WOS III for cabs because of its excellent, professional dynamic cab impulses.

wasi
KVRian
821 posts since 27 Jun, 2011

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 am

Yep, interface and preset management need a redo IMO. All that dragging around the screen to edit stuff. And midi mapping. Other than that, still the overall best 'feeling' full amp sim to me.

electro
KVRAF
4845 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:26 am

wasi wrote:Yep, interface and preset management need a redo IMO. All that dragging around the screen to edit stuff. And midi mapping. Other than that, still the overall best 'feeling' full amp sim to me.
But TH2 gives you complete control over the signal chain.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Vasya Mishchenko
KVRist
52 posts since 1 Aug, 2014

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:16 am

xphen0m
KVRian
836 posts since 28 Jan, 2008

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:16 am

Oh man! I hope it is!

zvenx
KVRAF
10273 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 am

heffus wrote:Back when I sold TH2 because of the clunky interface and bad preset system, I was told by Overloud that the interface would eventually be redone in the style of Mark Studio 2. I...........
I am so with you......
TH2 GUI ihmo sucks.... and I can live with MS2.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”