Exponential Audio releases V1.4 for PhoenixVerb and R2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: PhoenixVerb Exponential Audio: R2

Hello everyone,
Been busy in my hidden mountain lair. Just released an update of both plugs. Here are the details.

PhoenixVerb:
  • Changed the way factory presets are loaded and managed. Startup is now much faster.
  • Cleared up some problems in deleting and managing user presets.
  • Fixed a minor issue that caused the wrong button to display in the preset editor.
  • A few factory presets had been stored with Mix at a different value from 100%. That has been corrected.
  • A few efficiency gains and speedups.
  • Slightly smoother drawing of the realtime frequency display
  • Eliminated some ticks from program change
  • New memory clearing logic (for relocating) is spread out and less 'lumpy' in terms of processor requirements.
  • Fixed mono->stereo bypass.
  • The binary is now 'wrapped' so that license codes can be entered directly.
  • Added several presets--Plates and Chambers, a handful of large halls and churches. Percussion halls.
R2:
  • Changed the way factory presets are loaded and managed. Startup is now much faster.
  • Cleared up some problems in deleting and managing user presets. Fixed a minor issue that caused the wrong button to display in the preset editor.
  • A few factory presets had been stored with Mix at a different value from 100%. That has been corrected.
  • A few efficiency gains and speedups.
  • Slightly smoother drawing of the realtime frequency display
  • Eliminated some ticks from program change
  • New memory clearing logic (for relocating) is spread out and less 'lumpy' in terms of processor requirements.
  • Fixed mono->stereo bypass.
  • The binary is now 'wrapped' so that license codes can be entered directly.
  • Added several Large Hall presets.
They're on the website now. Hope you enjoy!

Oops. A little gotcha turned up in Cubase that hasn't shown up elsewhere. Just be be sure though, I've suspended downloads of the new version until I understand what's up. Even the best testing can still miss things. Sorry all.

Thanks a lot for the update and special thanks for the new percussion presets! :-)
Phoenix is such a great reverb!

Michael Carnes wrote:Oops. A little gotcha turned up in Cubase that hasn't shown up elsewhere. Just be be sure though, I've suspended downloads of the new version until I understand what's up. Even the best testing can still miss things. Sorry all.
Michael what is the issue in Cubase?
Just want to keep an eye out for it in Logic.
cheers

Still waiting on some sales special/deals to snatch a copy of both! 😁

dalor wrote:Still waiting on some sales special/deals to snatch a copy of both! 😁
I hear you.
If anyone wants to sell either verb to me, please do so immediately :P

seriously

Beatworld wrote: Michael what is the issue in Cubase?
Just want to keep an eye out for it in Logic.
cheers
Won't happen in Logic. For reasons I'm still trying to sort out, Cubase isn't restoring parameter values to projects with the plugins. Other VST DAWs are working fine, but Cubase is acting strangely (this is where you insert snarky remarks). There's also a potential crash at unload (VST only), which is related to a vendor library I use, but I already am working with a fix to that.

I've got the Cubase issue straightened out now. Just doing a little more testing and I should be able to put it back out there in another day or two.

Michael Carnes wrote:I've got the Cubase issue straightened out now. Just doing a little more testing and I should be able to put it back out there in another day or two.
Thanks !

And thanks for giving us the most lively and organic reverbs. :tu:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:And thanks for giving us the most lively and organic reverbs. :tu:
Thank you. You folks are letting me do stuff I really like to do.

Ah Xoc Kin wrote:http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/deals/2 ... offer.html
R2, Phoenix or both bundled. Limited quantities.
My transaction took a couple of minutes at most.
I wish I haven't seen this! Mmuusst ressissttttt.... :bang:

Just released a 1.4.01 tweak. The major issues (Cubase restore, some crashes on exit of VST DAWs on Mac) have been resolved. There's still an issue with StudioOne on the Mac. This may be an Exponential Audio issue or it may be a Presonus issue. I'm actively investigating along with another vendor.

There may also be an issue with the 64-bit version of VePro on Windows. I'm just coming up to speed on VePro, so it might be pilot error on my part. I'm encouraging some feedback on that particular topic.

Oh oh, no GUI anymore in Wavelab8/64bit with 1.4.01/64bit.
Temporary back to 1.3.12 until fix, although 1.4.01 works fine in StudioOne.
i7 870, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon Sapphire, RME Multiface,
Win7 Home/64bit, Studio One 3 Professional/64bit, Wavelab8/64bit

PeterL wrote:Oh oh, no GUI anymore in Wavelab8/64bit with 1.4.01/64bit.
Temporary back to 1.3.12 until fix, although 1.4.01 works fine in StudioOne.
Dang! I'll put it on my list. I'm not real good at driving Wavelab around, so this got by me. Thanks.

Return to “Effects”