Can the melody of my music already exist before i created it?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

It happens with some of my songs.
For example i create a bass melody. And i never share that song. No one will hear my compositions. And then when i listen to new music i can hear that they stole the bass melody from my imagination.

The music i create should not use melodies and chords from other songs.
Accidents happen unconsciously. I hate doing recreations of existing songs.

Inspiration = Stealing

You've been hit by a smooth criminal...

The major and minor chords are bad to use then because all chord progressions has already been used by all artists.

Every single melody in equal temperament was already written by the classical composers. It happened to me many times too since melodies now are so simple. Don't worry about it, as long as your arrangement is different and you don't use the same presets.

A good example from not so long is Coldplay "stole" melody from french artist Claude François, who really stole it from an australian guy (or was is a guy from south america ? can't remember).

i remember seeing an episode of charmed where a sleep therapist entered peoples dreams to kill them. maybe something similar is occuring here except its plagiarism rather than murder, so count yourself lucky!

Davias wrote:Every single melody in equal temperament was already written by the classical composers.
Now arpeggiators brings no new melodies.
Davias wrote:It happened to me many times too since melodies now are so simple. Don't worry about it, as long as your arrangement is different and you don't use the same presets.
I use the presets in GM.DLS

Yes, the record companies have paid off image-line to monitor your DAW so they can give all your good riffs to skrillex and avicii. It has happened to me many times. How you think image line affords all those free updates?

Also, one time i accidentally programmed the bassline to frampton's 'do you feel like we do'. Was pretty happy with it until someone started going 'Do you feel like we do?
Oh, that's true. Good time good time goooood time'. Still traumatized by that....

Jedinhopy wrote:i create a bass melody. And i never share that song.
"creating" a bass melody is not equal to produce a song. so you maybe have a bass progression that is common so what? funny is the part with the stolen imagination.. ..fyi when i close my eyes i have pictures.. jesus.. mona lisa is ugly compared to whats in my head.. :lol:

berkeley recording thought images by brainmapping (documented elsewhere, on youtube somewhere..)
http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_1 ... source=rss

of course, we all know that there is an EM field around living things.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

When electricity was new, there used to be a conspiracy theory that 'they' were stealing your thoughts with light bulbs.

plz don't feed teh trollz kthxbai :wheee:

spacecult wrote:the record companies have paid off image-line to monitor your DAW so they can give all your good riffs to skrillex and avicii.
How do you know that?

Jedinhopy wrote:
spacecult wrote:the record companies have paid off image-line to monitor your DAW so they can give all your good riffs to skrillex and avicii.
How do you know that?

an A.. and 2nd a F... probably D? yeah.. D.. and F again! holy shit! great bassline!!!

Jedinhopy wrote:
How do you know that?
Pure jest. No trollin', even.

(edit: I'm from Arkansas. You're the first person ever to suggest I KNOW anything. Thanks, man. :love:)

All basslines has already been created thanks to the random generators.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”