VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wusik 8008

Edit: Windows and MAC files ready!

A lot of things done! :hyper:

October 29 2013 - Beta Version B0008

- Added extra Tooltips for Master Glide and Master Unison, explaining how they work.
- Fixed note hanging problem with Mono Mode with Legato disabled.
- Single OSC Module, added tooltip to the Sync parameter: Resets the waveform position (this is not a toggle button).
- Fixed both Multi Filter "crashing" problems when Rezo near max value.
- Fixed Hide/Show Wires and Layer Selector keyboard shortcuts no longer resets the audio engine.
- Better Global Limiter Code (with visual peak feedback).
- Better Filters Frequency (HZ) Display and also improved code.
- Better Simple Low Pass Filter (Effect) code (based on the JUCE filter).
- Better Over-Sampling Filter (using the code from the above module and ON by default now).
- Single OSC Module: better HQ Mode (ON by default now). Increased Pitch Ranges. Added Octave parameter.
- Fixed LFO Sync not working correctly.
- Fixed problems while tweaking some parameters (eg: the Tune knob would jump from 0 to 2 or 0 to -2 and not show the 1 or -1 value).
- Module SDK changes:
- added new type of parameter knob: kLedDisplay (this is used by the master limiter to display peaks)
- Important: replaced all Slider references on the SDK with Knob instead. The XML Skin file was also updated.
- Skin changes:
- new file LedDisplay.png (this is used by the master limiter to display peaks)
- new XML option: <VALUE name="LedDisplay Extra Top Offset" val="-15"/>
Last edited by WilliamK on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just updated the Module SDK files:

https://github.com/Wusik4000/Wusik_4000_SDK

MAC files ready too. :party:

Just one small "problemo", I forgot to set the Multi Filter Poly to be, well, polyphonic, my bad, I will fix this in the next beta... :dog: :oops:

Ok, I did a quick update on the filters and posted new Windows files, will do the MAC files now.

Just download WIN_Wusik_4000_Beta_Data.zip to get the new filters if you already got the files today, otherwise, you need the VST files too.

There's a nice new surprise feature on the filters... let's see how finds it first. :hihi:

Wk

WilliamK wrote:Ok, I did a quick update on the filters and posted new Windows files
For me the [ Wusik 4000 PreOrder Group Buy ] download link says "No Files" :?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

You need to use the public beta links for now, as we will only deal with the GB files once we reach over 120 users, as stated in the GB page. So don't forget to spread the word around about this GB deal so this happens sooner. ;-)

Ok, both Windows and MAC files are ready, just to be safe, download both VST + Data on Windows, and on MAC the file already has the latest combined. :cool:

Wk

And here are some small bugs I found while testing on my own, will fix those tomorrow...

- FIX: Remove a module and pitch envelope assign is lost. (maybe filter env too?)
- Graph Envelope Sustain points in the first zone not working.
- ADSR Env to Filter Problems (mono mode and note steal problems)

Guys, have you tested the new filter code, specially the drive option, and also the new HQ Single OSC code? I need more feedback, this is the time. ;-)

Anyone tested the latest version? We need more users testing it out. Thanks! :hug:

my initial reaction was cool, a free beta modular, i tried it for 2 hours when the beta was first released and it crashed 3 times when routing filter to adr, i will try some new things with the update.....question you gpl'ed your modules, is this source code for wusik only or can it be used in another vst if one was building one from stratch because they are open sourced??

It can only be used for Wusik 4000 modules, not other products. But, again, most of the stuff there is from free stuff, just look around, specially in the JUCE framework. ;-)

WilliamK wrote:Anyone tested the latest version? We need more users testing it out. Thanks! :hug:
When this is closer to being a functional replacement for Wusikstation on Mac then I'll test it, I'm mostly concerned about being able to play all the soundbanks I bought. At the moment it's too basic - can it even wavesequence yet? tbh I would have preferred just a straight port of the Win version, not hugely interested in a modular that *might* load Wusikstation presets but that seems a long way off.

I'm aware of this, but I need to fully test modules and things before I create tons of modules and move to the next step. That's why I need help...

Return to “Instruments”