what synths does/can DIVA emulate? and any good compared to.....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

so im really thinking about diva, i was scrolling through some presets and fiddling around, it has something like SYLENTH1 which i like, it might be imagination as im no sound designer sadly..... but it kinda felt powerful and warm/bright if you want without sounding fake, maybe it has this impression cause i dunno how to sound design the sounds well in other vsts, so dont take my impression professional i guess.

many people recommended me the juno from arturia, prophet etc. for the 80s sounds, presets and feel, i read that diva can also emulate juno for example, how is this emulation compared to arturias?
and which other synths can diva emulate well too?

Caine123 wrote: i read that diva can also emulate juno for example, how is this emulation compared to arturias?

Well, Diva is beautiful and Arturia suck.

Diva emulates perfectly Minimoog, most 80s Roland synths and Korg MS-20. With the new upcoming update you also get Oberheim and Roland JP-8000 sounds.

And yes I know that Oberheims sound different but still with only the filter from OB-X(?) and with the Roland oscillators you can get pretty close any of the Oberheims.

Caine123 wrote:so im really thinking about diva, i was scrolling through some presets and fiddling around, it has something like SYLENTH1 which i like, it might be imagination as im no sound designer sadly..... but it kinda felt powerful and warm/bright if you want without sounding fake, maybe it has this impression cause i dunno how to sound design the sounds well in other vsts, so dont take my impression professional i guess.

many people recommended me the juno from arturia, prophet etc. for the 80s sounds, presets and feel, i read that diva can also emulate juno for example, how is this emulation compared to arturias?
You should try Camel Audio Alchemy's 'Himalaya: Vintage' Soundpack(works with the free player). http://www.camelaudio.com/Himalaya-Vint ... ibrary.php

This has some excellent 80's sounds, and I mean excellent....

Diva has modules from these synths:

Korg MS-20 Rev. 1 and 2
Roland Juno-60
Roland Alpha Juno
Roland Jupiter 6
Roland Jupiter 8
Moog Minimoog

It will also soon get an Oberheim filter and a JP-80x8 oscillator.

I like Diva a lot, you are the only one who can judge if you like it too.

Cheers
Dennis

Caine123 wrote:so im really thinking about diva, i was scrolling through some presets and fiddling around, it has something like SYLENTH1 which i like, it might be imagination as im no sound designer sadly..... but it kinda felt powerful and warm/bright if you want without sounding fake, maybe it has this impression cause i dunno how to sound design the sounds well in other vsts, so dont take my impression professional i guess.

Diva sounds gorgeous... It is a must have synth for today

tehlord wrote:
Caine123 wrote: i read that diva can also emulate juno for example, how is this emulation compared to arturias?

Arturia synths can sound very nice, but they suck as emulations (except for SEM).

Diva's Jupiter and Mini emulations destroy Arturia's

I got the Arturia Mini V, and after trying it out a few times, i deleted it from my VST folder... no matter what i did, i just couldn't get it to produce a solid bottom end. Generally i found it to sound too clean and harmless. There was an article about Minimoog emulations some time ago on the Amazona.de site, and they said the filter would be more like a Junos than a Minimoog. Don't know about that, but it certainly doesn't have the usual characteristic, as far as i can evaluate that of course.

Diva sounds great. I'm sure it will be my future favorite... my next CPU can probably handle it. I've been using TyrellN6 a bit these days... great sound as well... also a little heavy on the CPU, but sounds so good.

Vertti wrote:Diva emulates perfectly [...] Korg MS-20.
No doubt a certain someone will be along shortly to comment on that... ;)

Aubrey Lamont wrote:
tehlord wrote:

Arturia synths can sound very nice, but they suck as emulations (except for SEM).

Diva's Jupiter and Mini emulations destroy Arturia's
Oh I wasn't talking about their product. I was talking about them.

hakey wrote:
Well don't know why I used word perfectly because it certainly brings controversy. Should have said: Diva emulates this and that very well. Now. Happy? :P

Vertti wrote:
hakey wrote:
Well don't know why I used word perfectly because it certainly brings controversy. Should have said: Diva emulates this and that very well. Now. Happy? :P
The MS-20 has a semi modular architecture that Diva does not have. Diva also doesn't have an emulation of the MS-20's filters or oscs. So why would it be a good emulation of it?

Korg does have a decent emulation, though TBH I never compared it to a real one.. in fact I've never played a real MS-20.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Vertti wrote:
hakey wrote:
Fine by me. I wasn't having a go at you or your comment.

Whenever Diva is talked about alongside MS20 emulations one particular person (whose posts read like he's channelling Peter Sellar's famous bungling detective) never fails to mention that the only plugin that replicates all of the MS20's possible signal routings is 'blah blah...'. The oh-so subtle implication being that Diva is crap, or something like that. ;)

zerocrossing wrote: Diva also doesn't have an emulation of the MS-20's filters or oscs.
:?:

Return to “Instruments”