Spire VS z3ta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Spire Sylenth1 Z3TA+

I know a lot of people are comparing Spire and Sylenth, but I think z3ta might be a more suitable opponent to compare Spire with. Now, when all three of these synths came out, people were comparing their sound to a Virus. After further testing, I actually think z3ta still comes closest to the Virus sound.

I think both z3ta and Spire's features are comparable though, but think Spire might be a little thin sounding in comparison to both. The high frequencies on Spire do sound nice, but this also is probably what makes it sound thinner. What are you thoughts?
You are currently reading my signature.

I think of z3ta+ more as a wavetable synth than SPIRE ?

Well, they both use wavetables, but z3ta's are user expandable.

djanthonyw wrote:Well, they both use wavetables, but z3ta's are user expandable.
Maybe the dev could put some more info about Spire in the listing?
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability. Spire is the embodiment of the best opportunities, both software and hardware synthesizers.
I'm thinking it is a regular good ol' VA based on that :)

If you look at the Type / Tags on the right side of the page, it says wavetable.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/spire-b ... nd/details

djanthonyw wrote:If you look at the Type / Tags on the right side of the page, it says wavetable.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/spire-b ... nd/details
KVR getting too advance for me :oops:

:)

I'm about to do further testing tonight, but would love to hear other's thought's on this. I might decide to sell Spire.

It would seem that anything capable of loading a single cycle waveform qualifies as a wavetable Synth.these days :)

aquar wrote:It would seem that anything capable of loading a single cycle waveform qualifies as a wavetable Synth.these days :)
It gets a bit heated discussing the definition ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=342314

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I have Z3ta but never actually used it on a track, I think. I'm not at all crazy about the sound of that synth. I've tried the Spire demo and liked that one a lot more. I'm kinda moving back to hardware for a lot of things, though - so I didn't end up purchasing it.

djanthonyw wrote: I'm about to do further testing tonight, but would love to hear other's thought's on this. I might decide to sell Spire.
May your ears be your judge. :)

Btw, do you mean zeta 1 or 2?

Spire has a better low end IMO.
I love z3ta but I'm using Spire constantly, even more than Diva :oops:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

chk071 wrote:
djanthonyw wrote: I'm about to do further testing tonight, but would love to hear other's thought's on this. I might decide to sell Spire.
May your ears be your judge. :)

Btw, do you mean zeta 1 or 2?
I'm using v2 since I'm on Mac. I am using either z3ta or Spire as an ITB alternative to a Virus.

Biscotto wrote:Spire has a better low end IMO.
Lol I feel the complete opposite. I still use z3ta for bass/sub-bass. Although I love Spire for pads and leads.

DubLifeSD wrote:
Biscotto wrote:Spire has a better low end IMO.
Lol I feel the complete opposite. I still use z3ta for bass/sub-bass. Although I love Spire for pads and leads.
Yes, I'd have to agree with z3ta being better in the low end department, which is why I feel it's closer to a Virus. If you listen to a Virus, it's thicker and not as bright as Spire, and more similar to how z3ta is balanced.

Return to “Instruments”