Spire VS z3ta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Spire Sylenth1 Z3TA+

I was working on a fairly dense track earlier and wanted a plucky sound to cut through and loaded up z3ta and started going through patches and at first i was like bleh!!! but eventually i found a sound that fit well so i will definitely be using it more. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I also got Z3ta 2 free and Rapture was included in my x2 upgrade now I will probably next get x3 and all those freebies and the discounts they will qualify me for with AAS, Melodyne and any other deals they cut.

That being the case I too think Spire is overpriced for what it offers and the niche it aims for is not something I want to listen to. G Force Minimonsta turned 64 bit and I would rather buy that or Korg legacy bundle before spire gets any consideration. I already have Synthmaster as well so I am loaded up with sounds they offer to a genre of music I don't even like or play so last thing I need is another lead synth that is filled with more of that kind of thing that I will just need to delete. The moog emus are not filled with dance / edm / trance tones so my next synth purchase is probably going to be that and AAS

With the discount on AAS and melodyne for people who get X3 there is no $$$ in the budget for other synths till I snag those no brainer deals they have available to me.

yessongs wrote:I also got Z3ta 2 free and Rapture was included in my x2 upgrade now I will probably next get x3 and all those freebies and the discounts they will qualify me for with AAS, Melodyne and any other deals they cut.
That being the case I too think Spire is overpriced for what it offers and the niche it aims for is not something I want to listen to. G Force Minimonsta turned 64 bit and I would rather buy that or Korg legacy bundle before spire gets any consideration. I already have Synthmaster as well so I am loaded up with sounds they offer to a genre of music I don't even like or play so last thing I need is another lead synth that is filled with more of that kind of thing that I will just need to delete. The moog emus are not filled with dance / edm / trance tones so my next synth purchase is probably going to be that and AAS
With the discount on AAS and melodyne for people who get X3 there is no $$$ in the budget for other synths till I snag those no brainer deals they have available to me.
Buying AAS through Cakewalk offers is the only way I can justify its price too. I like the bundle quite well for what it does, but if I had to buy VA2 at 149.-199.00 by itself, I would never buy it either. Just as the KLC upgrade price is the thing that makes it a value. And Sonar including their three best synths with X makes it a good deal too (Although Z3ta comes free indirectly, even at the full price, it's a better deal than these others mentioned). But in Sonar-land the synths are very underated and often overlooked.

And it begs the questions, just how many of these do I really need and am I looking to define my sound with them or just have every sound I can find?
(And at times I've sold myself on buying them because I used to own the hardware and still have the MIDI music I wrote on them). (Especially true with Korg,EMu,Moog and to a lesser extent, Yamaha,Roland,Kawaii,Akai.) But the software never performs as the hardware did. So yet another lesson of letting go and moving on... And using better synths on the old sequences.

The synths I use the most are the ones that make others seem unnecessary and that have an effect on me first (they're hard to stop playing once I start and sometimes, I can't even stop long enough to push the 'record' button). I have more because they were 'part of the cheaper bundle'. What I use is one or two VIs out of the bundle.

So most of these synths fall into the abyss of pointlessness to me.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

There's certainly a lot of feature overlap (sonic overlap too IMO), but ergonomics is a very subjective thing. A synth can have all the features in the world, but still feel impenetrable for whatever reason. Finding synths that lead to greater productivity has become more important to me in recent years.

... and then there's "Using Z3ta+2 as an effect" to consider...
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Pick up Z3ta+ 2 while it's $34 http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/4 ... 562-Z3TA-2 Worth absolutely every penny, plus in the preset pack that Plugin Boutique is giving away, there is a very good lead patch called "DomKane_LD_PluckingTrance". http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3 ... ee-Presets Automate the cutoff knobs to gradually both open up and wow! Very good for $34.

Also, check out the free Cyberkinesis: http://patcharena.com/100-new-presets-f ... -soundset/

i have both. love both. be sure to set quality settings in z3ta

Shame that all the audio demos in this thread are down... would have loved to hear them again.

Return to “Instruments”