Alternatives to Arts Acoustic Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Been using this for years, really like it. But if I wanted to widen my pallette any recommended algorithmic reverbs? Looking for one that has diversity like AAR.

Heard lots of good things about Valhalla. Which of their products would be a direct competitor to AAR?

RC24 for me after AAR. CPU usage in AAR was way too high in Ultra mode which was the only mode that sounded good. RC24 sounds better and is much less CPU...and a great interface.

Exponential Audio Phoenix and R2. AAR used to be my goto reverb. Before.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ValhallaRoom replaced for me AAR.

2CAudio Breeze = Awsum
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thought it Is still an excellent reverb unit, considering the price , you might buy both Vroom + Vubermod + Vvintageverb for even slighly less money that AAR!

SWallace wrote:Been using this for years, really like it. But if I wanted to widen my pallette any recommended algorithmic reverbs? Looking for one that has diversity like AAR.

Heard lots of good things about Valhalla. Which of their products would be a direct competitor to AAR?
Are you on windows or mac? If windows, i can highly recommend the lexicon LXP bundle which can be had for beyond bargain prices these days.. but on macs there are massive cpu spike problems so avoid.

I will also buck the trend here.. if you want a totally different sound to AAR do yourself a favour and try the excellent RP verb demo!

happy musicing.

(PS i am also a huge fan of breverb 2)

Tried out ValhallaRoom. What a steal for the $. Also tried out 2cAudio's B2...wow. That is a beast and an amazing tool. Like that it is versatile. If I had to start over I'd prob go with those two.

Wouldn't get much for AAR since there is $50 license transfer fee.

AAR got updated a couple of months back as well. With the new modes, and certain fan presets (just dig around in the FX backlogs), you can still get excellent sound out of it.

I'd keep it regardless. And I actually prefer it over Valhalla. Though Valhalla is way simpler to use.

If you're on Windows, another keeper (and great freebie) is EpicVerb by Variety of Sound. Granted, 32bit only - but it's a powerful and usable reverb nonetheless.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

imho the ArtsAcoustic is still one of the best reverb plugins there is - a "classic" imho.

After going through pretty much everything I could get my hands on, the AAR and Breverb 2 are now my "go-to pieces".

I have all of the Valhalla stuff and like and use it. But I prefer working with Breverb 2 and the AAR.

AAR is still excellent but it needs a bit more tweaking

It does and it has a harsh high end, which can throw people before they realise how good it can sound with the right use of the low pass. I will never stop using aar completely, it always has a place here.

AAR actually replaced good old Smartelectronix Ambience. And AAR can be considered a spiritual successor of the old Silverspike R2.

Now that(!) was a cool reverb!
And I wish QuikQuak RaySpace would be continued in terms of development. Add another dimension and more materials so you can build your own environments even more precisely, and you get an outstanding engine to create even better custom echo chambers than it's possible already.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Lexicon PCM Native or ValhallaDSP reverbs.

Back to Valhalla - which one would best serve acoustic sampler sounds:

ValhallaRoom or ValhallaVintageVerb?

Thanks!

ANdre

Return to “Effects”