Soooooo ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Is Uhe Zebra the new Access Virus?

: :?:

Dasheesh wrote:Is Uhe Zebra the new Access Virus?
I don't think so. Not really a Virus fan and really when I want a virus type of sound, I've used Alchemy & Rapture for it.
Z2HZ I'm finding better uses for.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

No.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Been using zebralette for a long time and thinking about springing for a new soft synth. Not really a whole lot of studio grade options available under $300-400. There are a handful, but not a lot. Anyway, I've been caught in that virus trap before and I'm super cautious about springing… even though it seems right. I don't buy a ton of gear, and try to make good decisions and all. Problem is you usually get the options that a soft synth affords you, or you get the sound. If you can find the options and the sound, the company is shit and leaves you stuck. Zebra seems like the best option… it's no wonder everyone's granny uses it. I hear a new Uhe is hitting soon.

Zebra is an awesome synth and, in some ways, is better than my Virus TI2, but it's not the "new Virus", nor does it try to be - it's a different architecture and, obviously, it's not a $3K hardware synth. But, if you want an excellent software synth under $300, Zebra is arguably the best choice.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

is giraffe the new disease?

LOL :lol:

Before I opened this thread I thought, this is probably about Zebra, Sylenth1 or Spire.

If I got Zebra, do I need Sylenth1

or

If I got Sylenth1 do I need Zebra

or

if I got Virus do I need Zebra

or

if I got Zebra do I need virus

or

etc

etc

etc

:P

Yep, spire, sylenth, tera3 (love the synth, not to impressed with the sound yet) … those are pretty much the choices aren't they. That's my whole point. Not a whole lot of studio grade soft synths available.

Dasheesh wrote:Is Uhe Zebra the new Access Virus?

Is U-He Diva the new Moog ;)

Guess I should add that for about 3 years now I've used…

ZETA 2
FM 8
IMPOSCAR 2

About a hundred freeware.

I'm really leaning spire I think.

Would love to get a top of the line additive synth. Surprisingly, iPad has better options available.

Dasheesh wrote:Guess I should add that for about 3 years now I've used…

ZETA 2
FM 8
IMPOSCAR 2

zebra would imo compliment thise well as it covers different ground...

vurt wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Guess I should add that for about 3 years now I've used…

ZETA 2
FM 8
IMPOSCAR 2

zebra would imo compliment thise well as it covers different ground...
The whole wavetable area right? I love waldorf, not a lot of talk about largo.

on the other hand i though this thread was gonna be

Soooooo.... IK multimedia? Sampletank news?

Dasheesh wrote:The whole wavetable area right?
Maybe also the physical modeling side (check out presets using comb filters)

Return to “Instruments”