amazing drum machine updated to 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bong

bong, my perversely prolific and totally astounding synth drum vst has been updated to 1.1 - these are necessary updates for license holders.

i posted a news article but it appears to be absolutely invisible, which is pretty much de rigeur for me.

it's not a drug plugin, it's a drum plugin. if you look at the logo, you'll see that it looks rather familiar.

and besides, "bong" is onomatopoeia for percussion.

lol - can you believe that when i released it, i actually thought people would be impressed by it's depth and excited to use it?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

:-)
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

xoxos wrote:
and besides, "bong" is onomatopoeia for percussion.

lol - can you believe that when i released it, i actually thought people would be impressed by it's depth and excited to use it?
I tried the demo using ableton live 9 (32 bit) but I got loads of error messages and it sort of crashed ableton, I had to use the task manager to shut down the ableton process.

I've been getting loads of hassle with synth edit plugins recently so its not just your plug. Perhaps the lack of interest is coming from the platform its developed on and possible errors?

I really wanted try it because it looked interesting.

it sounds incredible Rurik. and working like a charm bridged in reaper X64

Thanks!
Last edited by cuppa on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its a very nice plug In renoise no problems.Like the hihats a lot
Make Your Voice Heard!!

Marc, some of the sounds remind me of rhythms 3.6 :-) ;-)

But we are impressed and excited!

You just overestimated the number of discerning musicians that appreciate carefully crafted instruments with character and depth.

Now if you could get Madeon (or whoever is in these days) to mention it the kids who think of themselves as Producers would be all over this.

Works fine in all my hosts including Ableton 9,Studio One 2, Rapid Composer, RaxnTrax, Temper, Fruity Loops, EnergyXT.

I havent experienced any errors like in the above post.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Cuppa didn't know
Make Your Voice Heard!!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Works fine in all my hosts including Ableton 9,Studio One 2, Rapid Composer, RaxnTrax, Temper, Fruity Loops, EnergyXT.

I havent experienced any errors like in the above post.
Yeah I am unsure why the errors happen?, I never had any hassle with Ableton 8 everything seemed to work just fine, stuff like expodrum worked a treat but in Ableton 9 things just aint the same.
I am considering re-installing Ableton 8 to get back to some reliability.

Where is the update ? I have already asked about the updating process for costumers...

xoxos wrote:lol - can you believe that when i released it, i actually thought people would be impressed by it's depth and excited to use it?
Sorry xoxos, I've been too busy playing with Bong and not really been paying attention to the forums to let you know how good I think Bong is! Time to put that right I guess...

Your older drum VSTs have been staples of mine for years. I especially love clap of luxury, which is the greatest clap machine machine ever made. Notice, I didn't add "IMHO" because if anyone disagrees they're just plain wrong!

So, when I first read that you were planning a new drum machine I actually was genuinely excited! I purchased it as soon as I had the money. I have been playing with it ever since and... It's freaking AWESOME. It's not obvious from the screenshots just how deep this plugin really is. I've been losing hours just trying out all the various drum models, the kick and snare models are particularly stunning. There's a nice amount of variance between all the models and it feels almost like you can't dial in a bad combination of settings.

One thing I've noticed is Bong makes me want to make Acid all the time. It seems that recently every time I open my DAW I load Bong, make a pattern, tweak the drums into something I really like, chuck in a bit of delay and then I just can't help but load Phoscyon or TAL Bassline and start tweaking everything. The next thing I know it's the following morning... Is this normal? Surely I'm confusing my drug references? Good thing I love Acid and Bongs... In all senses!

My only minor complaint would be I'd prefer a different method of selecting the models. Dragging up and down on the numbers feels imprecise and it's not all that clear from a first glance that this little box is where a whole heap of fun is hiding. I'd rather have button selectors or a pop up menu so I can quickly select a particular model.

I totally agree that this plugin is not getting the attention it deserves. The only thing I can think of to suggest is to contact some of the magazines (Beat, Future Music, Sound on Sound, Computer Music etc) or music websites (Rekkerd, Create Digital Music, Music Radar etc) about getting reviews out there. I really think they will be impressed with this and that could lead to a broader audience and hopefully a fair few customers.

Thank you so much for Bong xoxos, It's my favourite plugin I've bought this year. :love:

Tp3 wrote:Where is the update ? I have already asked about the updating process for costumers...
It's in the same place as the original Bong download. The address is in the original email xoxos sent to you.

thanks for the update.

chuck death wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Where is the update ? I have already asked about the updating process for costumers...
It's in the same place as the original Bong download. The address is in the original email xoxos sent to you.
Well, I have formatted my computer (actually a new one as the old one died).

But I didn't even receive a notification e-mail...

Tp3 wrote:
chuck death wrote:
Well, I have formatted my computer (actually a new one as the old one died).

But I didn't even receive a notification e-mail...
Neither did I. I read about the update here and just checked the original download address.

I'd be very surprised if you can't retrieve your emails from your email provider. Emails are usually stored by them so wiping your computer shouldn't mean you can't access your old email. I never transfer emails when changing computers, I just load up an email client, log into the account and retrieve them from the email server.

Even if you don't know how to do that, why don't you just email xoxos and explain what's happened? I'm sure he'll send you another link, he's a very nice chap indeed. :)

In future though, you should really backup things like this. Some companies send you one email and if you lose your details they consider it your fault and you have to re-purchase. I'm sure that won't be the case with xoxos though. ;)

Return to “Instruments”