Video : How to create a pitch bend (and many other MIDI CC) in RapidComposer

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Here is a very little tutorial in video to show how to create pitch bends in RapidComposer.

By the bye, you'll notice that the same method may be used for many other MIDI CC (MIDI Control Changes).

Nota: to have all the text explaining the method under the video you must of course go to Youtube by clicking on the logo Youtube at the bottom right of the video. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Iulr7atc0

Have fun!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thank you, BlackWinny!! :tu:

Please note that you can make the pitch bend (or any other MIDI controller) events less sparse by setting the event density in the pop-up (right click, select Snap&Quantize). This way you can create more precise bends ;)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you, BlackWinny!! :tu:

Please note that you can make the pitch bend (or any other MIDI controller) events less sparse by setting the event density in the pop-up (right click, select Snap&Quantize). This way you can create more precise bends ;)
Yes, I've seen that, and I could have mentioned it, but... too late!... it was just after the video was published!
:hihi: :clown:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Is there any way to do a pitch bend within a phrase? If not, I think it would make a nice feature request. Especially when sequencing ideas for guitar phrasing.

No, it is not possible to do a pitch bend within a phrase. This is planned to be included, but not in the short term (around v3.0).

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:No, it is not possible to do a pitch bend within a phrase. This is planned to be included, but not in the short term (around v3.0).

Thanks,
Attila
It would be nice, for sure, but I think it's certainly somewhat complex to manage...
:D

That is right, BlackWinny, especially when 2 phrases with pitch bends are used at the same time in the same track. The MIDI standard is very limiting in this regard. The solution would be using 2-3 different tracks but with the same preset and distribute the bends among the tracks, but this sounds complicated and messy... :cry:

musicdevelopments wrote:That is right, BlackWinny, especially when 2 phrases with pitch bends are used at the same time in the same track. The MIDI standard is very limiting in this regard. The solution would be using 2-3 different tracks but with the same preset and distribute the bends among the tracks, but this sounds complicated and messy... :cry:
Without counting the number of unexpected bugs and strange side effects (certainly very difficult to analyze) that it will create. And without any certitude on the source of the problem (the DAW? the composition tool? the synth?...)

The MIDI specifications by the IMA association are very old and really need to be seriously updated to reflect the abilities of the tools of the current days...

Return to “MusicDevelopments”