Cubase 7 - parts to different colors

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Is it possible to colorize some parts to different colors than the track color? For example the track color is blue, but i have 2 kinda basslines, and wanna have the 2nd one in green

I cant delete this post, problem solved, sorry :)

I'm thinking about trying this. Do you mind sharing how you solved this?

The color tool in the toolbar - instead of coloring the whole "channel" (through the inspector), you can color individual parts.

Unless I'm completely mistaken with more recent versions. But it was possible up until SX3. Haven't used "coloring" in a while. Yes, I'm that boring.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

At the left side of the track, in the box where the track number and the tab that shows the current track color is, where the little arrow that says "hide/show automation", in the little empty area - ctrl-click and the palette box should pop up.

Now my question regarding the same - is there anyway I can get that to default to the Windows paintbox default color map? You get so many more choices and with the Steinberg color map everything ends up as pastels.

I HATE pastels. It's colored like an Easter egg instead of a DAW. Give me primary colors and decent shades of blue.

Actually, 'pastel' in terms of computer coloring indicates high value and medium-to-low saturation.

In Cubase you can get maximum saturation and as dark as total blackness.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”