Synth Legends: New soundset for Tone2 Saurus (+ Saurus bundle with all soundsets available)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Hi,

Tone2 just released Synth Legends, a new soundset for Tone2 Saurus:

http://tone2.com/html/synth%20legends.html

Official MP3 demo:
http://www.tone2.com/mp3download/Tone2_ ... egends.mp3

While it contains patches inspired by vintage analog synths there are also patches that are more "original" (means not really inspired by vintage synths...) and also a few "digital like" ones.

For this soundset i again contributed a bigger selection of patches from which 28 are included with this soundset. This soundset is supposed to be a successor of teh "Analog" soundset where i had contribute more than 60 patches.

The names of the sound designers of this soundset are:
Markus Krause (former Markus Feil), Nori Ubukata, Ingo Weidner (aka Ingonator), Massimo Bosco (aka MaxSynths), Eppo Schaap, Torben Hansen

The soundset includes 200 patches. Like a lways a full list is found at the corresponding website (see the link above).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
Tone2 offers a bundle of Saurus with all soundsets/expansions for 199€ or 249$ (incl. VAT):
http://www.tone2.com/html/shop

See the "big bundle" for Saurus.

Without the bundle the price for Saurus with all soundsets is around 332 € which means you save 133 € (= around 40%).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am posting some of my own audio demos here:

- Audio demos collection 1:

This track includes 5 short audio demos (all with multiple instances) that i made using only patches from the "Synth Legends" soundset (uses both my own and other patches):

Saurus - Synth Legends - Demo collection 1

Only patches from the new soundset used, including the drums. No external plugins involved, also no Compressor etc.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hey Ingo.

Demo sounds great.

A little off topic but I bought Saurus about 6 months ago as I love analog synths and love the gui of Saurus and it's features. My question is for some reason it always seems to have kind of a hiss or "sizzle" to the filter when I try to program patches. Diva and OBXD sound very warm and smooth to me right off the bat when I program them.

Am I missing something or do you have any tips since you're obviously very skilled with this synth and programming in general?

I really want to like this synth but I keep hearing a more digital sounding timbre from the filter and it kind of turns me off a little but it's probably something I'm overlooking.

Anyway, congrats on the new bank. :tu:

Doc Brown wrote:Hey Ingo.

Demo sounds great.

A little off topic but I bought Saurus about 6 months ago as I love analog synths and love the gui of Saurus and it's features. My question is for some reason it always seems to have kind of a hiss or "sizzle" to the filter when I try to program patches. Diva and OBXD sound very warm and smooth to me right off the bat when I program them.

Am I missing something or do you have any tips since you're obviously very skilled with this synth and programming in general?

I really want to like this synth but I keep hearing a more digital sounding timbre from the filter and it kind of turns me off a little but it's probably something I'm overlooking.

Anyway, congrats on the new bank. :tu:
Hi,

thanks for you comments about the bank. :)

I got tons of other softsynths including e.g. Diva but Saurus is still the most inspiring one for me. At the moment i got around 260 or more of my own Saurus patches (where around 120 have been published as part of soundbanks).

Concerning the "hiss" or "sizzle" i just sent a PM.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri May 02, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I just added an audio demo to the second post in this thread.

Hopefully i could find some time to do some more.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

UPDATE:
Tone2 offers a bund of Saurus with all soundsets/expansions for 199€ or 249$ (incl. VAT):
http://www.tone2.com/html/shop

See the "big bundle" for Saurus.

Without the bundle the price for Saurus with all soundsets is around 332 € which means you save 133 € (= around 40%).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

** Bump **
Ingo Weidner

Time for another: BUMP !!
Ingo Weidner

*** BUMP ***
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”