Curve 2 Sound Design Challenge: And the winners are..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

We're running a contest to find the best, most mind-blowing sounds for Curve 2. Create a new sound and win a lifetime supply of Cableguys plugins, Ableton Suite 9 and a course at the Warp Academy!

Create you own sound—a moving and rich pad, a deep bass, a kick drum, a striking lead sound, a crazy synthline or anything else—do which sound you like the most.

Deadline is June 1, 2014.

Prizes

Top 1: All Cableguys plugins we'll ever do, now and in the future, Ableton Suite 9, plus a course at the Warp Academy!
Top 2: Cableguys Bundle
Top 3: Curve 2
Top 4—10: VolumeShaper 3

Jury

Jean Alain Roussel: A musician, composer and producer from Mauritius, who worked with artists such as Sting, Celine Dion, Bob Marley and Cat Stevens.
Sascha Dikiciyan aka "Sonic Mayhem": One of today's most in-demand video game composers (Dead Rising 3, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands and Quake series).
David Boldini aka 7 Skies: An EDM DJ/producer from Italy, with releases on the legendary Anjunabeats imprint. He is also well known for his sound design courses.

How to participate

You can use the fully-functional trial version of Curve 2. To save a preset for the contest, click the "Save" button in Curve 2 and add "CONTEST" to its name. Then submit your preset(s) until June 1, 2014, by clicking the "Sync" button in Curve 2.

Your entry presets can be based on presets by others, as long as you do substantial changes, and you can submit as many presets as you want to.

For more info, check our contest page.
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Totally down for this! :D
Eternitysound VST Banks

Would be better if there were different categories, for example 10 best basses, 10 best leads, 10 best pads, 10 best atmospheres, 10 best keys, 10 best FX, 10 best drums.

Only 10 prices for ALL kind of sounds means only a minimal chance to win, so I probably won't participate if the conditions won't change...

GeorgeZ wrote:Totally down for this! :D
Good luck buddy! :)

I might try this as well, why not. 8)

We've also just uploaded a new video on sound creation, which might cover some useful tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmUN3mn_BvQ

I'm in too but I have one question.
How to I save a work-in-progress patch before I upload it? I like to revisit sounds I make and I'd like to only upload definitive versions.
Is it only possible in the full version? Thanks.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:I'm in too but I have one question.
How to I save a work-in-progress patch before I upload it? I like to revisit sounds I make and I'd like to only upload definitive versions.
Is it only possible in the full version? Thanks.
Hello, you can save your preset but you can't set it to individual in the demo. But as long as you don't hit the sync button, the preset will be not uploaded and you can still delete it by clicking on the trash can icon.

Will Curve 2 CM apply here?
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Nice! I remember the preset contest for Curve v1, lots of great presets where added to the bank. I'm sure this time will be the same :hyper:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

dakkra wrote:Will Curve 2 CM apply here?
Yes, you can use Curve 2 CM, too. But if you use the full-blown Curve 2 you have more sound options (more OSCs, more LFOs, ..).

Note: You can upload a sound in Curve 2 CM, then sync with Curve 2 (or the Curve 2 demo version) and will then have your Curve 2 CM patch in Curve 2's Preset Library too. So you can then continue tweaking within the full Curve 2.

Your entry presets can be based on presets by others, as long as you do substantial changes, and you can submit as many presets as you want to
hmm... I think you must change this rule a bit.

For example, if I work some waves for the contest that's part of a patch, that means that anyone can edit my patch and might win on top of my work? :?

I suggest updating this to rule out "Contest" patches from multiple edits.

3ee wrote:
Your entry presets can be based on presets by others, as long as you do substantial changes, and you can submit as many presets as you want to
hmm... I think you must change this rule a bit.

For example, if I work some waves for the contest that's part of a patch, that means that anyone can edit my patch and might win on top of my work? :?

I suggest updating this to rule out "Contest" patches from multiple edits.
That's why I'll only sync and upload my patches in the last few days. :shrug:
But yeah, I agree it should be changed. All patches for the contest should be made from scratch.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

^Hey yeah, good thinking! :)

I Would like to join in this challenge, but I don't have internet at home, Is there a way to save the presets offline and then go to a public Pc with internet , and upload them?

Thanks!

Josias.

^^^ Yes, it's possible. Just sync it when you are ready to upload your presets.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Instruments”