Pianoteq 5 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Studio Bundle

had a chance to play with it last night... i second the post about the YC5 suddenly sounding betterer (and so does the D4)! the new K2 i'm not so sure about, didn't quite fall in love at first sight, but i'll try it out more thoroughly later. Maybe i just wasn't in the right mood :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I love Pianoteq. However, I'm now two versions behind. Is the bell-ness reduced in the latest version compared to v3? That's one thing I noticed and didn't care for in the lower octaves. Love the plug though. Beautiful overall.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Oh yes - the tone is really much improved and the bottom end is terrific

Suddenly the U4 sounds more like an upright piano. If I'm buying 5.0 - and I'm temped because the D4 really sounds good now - it will be the third time that I'm paying for an upgrade of the 'same' plugin. That would be a record!

Alex

me too...

bharris22 wrote:I think I will buy the upgrade to Stage 5 in the next few weeks. I currently have Play 3, which has (I think) the K1, C3 and M3 pianos. Does anyone know if, when I upgrade to Stage 5, the K2 and D4 are in addition to the K1, C3 and M3, or does Stage 5 only have the K2 and D4 (replacing the original K1, C3 and M3)?

Thanks!
for someone unfamiliar with pianoteq's options...that's a remarkable post, almost another language entirely. love it. 8)

It will work fine on a mid 2010 macbook? Core 2 duo 2.4

Yup, it should work just fine. You can reduce polyphony if needed (128 should be fine for most usages), and in case of excessive CPU load, you can also reduce the sample rate.

How real does this sound? Enough to fool a discriminating ear? I tried an earlier version and thought it sounded synthetic, so I passed. With version 5, can you get a close mic'd, dark, realistic upright piano sound of this that's completely convincing (think like Radiohead's Pyramid Song)? Can I nail the Lady Madonna piano sound or Let it Be? If I'm being completely honest, I'm more concerned about the raw sound being realistic than I am about the playability being better than samples. I could also care less about the whole "best German piano piano, recorded in the best piano hall in Europe" kind of thing. I use pianos for rock and pop tunes, not jazz/classical. So a convincing piano (with some slap to it) in a small room or studio is more of what I'm looking for.

Plus, looking at the versions: I'd definitely want the standard, but the price is prohibitive unless it's going to be as good as, or better than, high end sample libraries (Ivory, Galaxy, etc.).

i have the stage version (i started with version 4, never really used it); sounded great,just...didn't use it.

version 5 is even better. and, with a little eq and some crazy serious compression (try a SLOW attack)...you could def get 'lady madonna'.
i love that 60s/70s piano sound, i go for it a lot.

pianoteq 5 sounds great, feels great. i may still use the grand piano in logic X (which, gasp, i think comes from garageband). not as 'real' as pianoteq, but cuts thru a busy pop mix really well.

but am impressed with pianoteq 5, and will definitely be using it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:How real does this sound? Enough to fool a discriminating ear? I tried an earlier version and thought it sounded synthetic, so I passed. With version 5, can you get a close mic'd, dark, realistic upright piano sound of this that's completely convincing (think like Radiohead's Pyramid Song)? Can I nail the Lady Madonna piano sound or Let it Be? If I'm being completely honest, I'm more concerned about the raw sound being realistic than I am about the playability being better than samples. I could also care less about the whole "best German piano piano, recorded in the best piano hall in Europe" kind of thing. I use pianos for rock and pop tunes, not jazz/classical. So a convincing piano (with some slap to it) in a small room or studio is more of what I'm looking for.

Plus, looking at the versions: I'd definitely want the standard, but the price is prohibitive unless it's going to be as good as, or better than, high end sample libraries (Ivory, Galaxy, etc.).

Why not take a few moments and listen to the audio demos? For a close mic'd piano sound, I recommend you to listen to "For Some One" D4 model demo here: https://pianoteq.com/d4

fisherKing wrote:
bharris22 wrote:I think I will buy the upgrade to Stage 5 in the next few weeks. I currently have Play 3, which has (I think) the K1, C3 and M3 pianos. Does anyone know if, when I upgrade to Stage 5, the K2 and D4 are in addition to the K1, C3 and M3, or does Stage 5 only have the K2 and D4 (replacing the original K1, C3 and M3)?

Thanks!
for someone unfamiliar with pianoteq's options...that's a remarkable post, almost another language entirely. love it. 8)

hehe l.. i guess since you can install v5 side by side with your previous release all is good anyway. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

How does this compare to the piano's in Komplete and TruePianos? I have been searching for ever for the perfect piano and while TruePianos comes close it is still nto quite there

For anyone asking other people's opinion, maybe just try it and come up with your own:
https://www.pianoteq.com/try

helpful.. thanks

Return to “Instruments”