Waldorf plugin updates: Additional Beta testers required (Update: 10 new testers selected)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ingonator
KVRAF
12522 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi,

i am the new official Waldorf Beta Forum Manager. My job will be to organize current and upcoming Beta tests which includes the current Waldorf 64-bit/VST3/AAX plugin updates for Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition.
To improve the quality of the Waldorf Beta testing forum and based on that also the quality of our products we want to recruit some new official Waldorf beta testers. I will also collaborate with the Waldorf Quality Assurance Director.

In the past I had started this KVR thread where already several useful bug reports were posted:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=405051

Most of those bug reports are based at the current official Release Candidates:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we

Those are the current versions that should be (and currently are…) further optimized to get all products as bug free as possible.
While the thread mentioned above was really helpful and we appreciate further bug reports there and at other forums we want to rely on reports of our own official Beta testers as far as possible.

This is what we expect from new plugin beta testers:
- It is an advantage owning one or more of the Waldorf products mentioned above but if not Waldorf could provide free NFR licenses for their own products.
- Access to a 64-bit OS (Windows and/or OSX) ; a pure 32-bit OS does not qualify except if you got another partition and/or computer with a 64-bit OS that is capable for testing purposes
- Access to at least one 64-bit capable host ; a possibility to also check 32-bit with either a native host or a bridge is preferred
- You should own at least one of the following hosts (multiple hosts are preferred and latest versions too if possible): Cubase, Live, Logic, Sonar, Studio One, Reaper, Pro Tools
- Experiences with Beta testing including basic knowledge about creating bug reports (step by step procedures are currently preferred)
- additional experiences as a sound designer could be helpful
Note: if you create a high quality Soundset for a Waldorf synth and Waldorf agrees (after checking it) your Soundset could be sold at the Waldorf Online Shop – this is not part of the plugin testing and details about this should not be discussed here in a public forum

The updates for Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition include following plugin formats:
VST2 32-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 32-bit, VST3 64-bit, AAX (for Pro Tools 11), AAX (for Pro Tools 10) – additionally AU 32-bit and AU 64-bit for Mac/OSX

Theoretically also additional software not produced by Waldorf could be provided to the testers but licenses for those are limited. If possible testers that apply should own as many Waldorf plugins and hosts as possible.
It would be very welcome to have testers (both Windows and Mac/OSX) that own Pro Tools 11 (and/or PT 10) for testing the AAX plugins.

If you want to apply as a beta tester please send me a PM with following content:
- Your full name and your E-Mail address
- A list of Waldorf plugins you own + a list of Waldorf plugins you need
- Your operating system with detailed version number (Multiple OS is an advantage)
- Your host/DAW software with detailed version numbers (e.g. Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit)
- A few details about experiences with Beta testing
- Waldorf hardware synths you own (e.g. Blofeld, Pulse 2) – this is optional and not required for testing plugins

Best wishes,

Ingo Weidner,
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi,

i already received some replies. I will try to take care about those and upcoming ones tomorrow and will check every reply as good as possible and send an answer ASAP. It's already very late here. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

tehlord
KVRAF
8078 posts since 22 Sep, 2008 from Windsor. UK

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 pm

I thought you were a Doctor bro.

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:17 pm

tehlord wrote:I thought you were a Doctor bro.
Hi,

yes i got a Dr. in Chemistry...

The thread is not very ol and i alraedy got a lot of reolies until this morning. MAny thanks for those.
Will try to answer all of those ASAP. :tu:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

tehlord
KVRAF
8078 posts since 22 Sep, 2008 from Windsor. UK

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 am

Oh I thought so, when I saw one of your soundsets the name was Dr Ingo Wiener

rob_lee
KVRAF
8006 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 am

Waldorf Edition on Mac requires email and serial number to be entered every time i boot Logic X or Logic 9
This is an annoying bug so please add it to the list of bugs.
Last edited by rob_lee on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon
KVRAF
22165 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 am

PM'd ya, Ingo. :)

Halma
KVRian
1060 posts since 9 Apr, 2012

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 am

Ingonator wrote:...i am the new official Waldorf Beta Forum Manager...
Congratulations Ingo.

Unfortunately I don´t own any Waldorf stuff nor do I have Protools and Mac. Lot´s of betatesting & sounddesign experience though. But good luck to all people who applied. Take this job serious (as usual) and don´t apply just to pocket some free NFR licenses. :D

Very nice opportunity.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:33 am

EvilDragon wrote:PM'd ya, Ingo. :)
Hi Mario,

many thanks for you interest in becoming a tester. I received a bunch of PMs and will try to answr all of them ASAP.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:50 am

UPDATE:
A lot of work with other stuff like the bug list and possible new bugs this morning. Now i continue to take care about the PMs i received. Alraedy copied all messages i received into a single Text file.

I currently try to put the informations into a more general format, also to see which informations are missing.
If informations are missing i will contact the corresponding members.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

brok landers
KVRAF
6140 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:24 am

will there be linear knob behaviour on the waldor edition finally, on both, 32 and 64bit versions? the exclusively circular knob behave that most of the plugins from back the did inherit was a pure no go.
this was the most anoying things that made me stop using especially attack, which i was really in love with back then…
just asking…
ps:
a feature for attack which i think for a drum synth is really important would be to be able to fix/edit the startphase of the oscs, i always missed this possibility really hard...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:37 am

brok landers wrote:will there be linear knob behaviour on the waldor edition finally, on both, 32 and 64bit versions? the exclusively circular knob behave that most of the plugins from back the did inherit was a pure no go.
this was the most anoying things that made me stop using especially attack, which i was really in love with back then…
just asking…
ps:
a feature for attack which i think for a drum synth is really important would be to be able to fix/edit the startphase of the oscs, i always missed this possibility really hard...
Hi,

the knob behavior is in the current bug list.

Could you please post bugs and/or feature requests at the other thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=420

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

brok landers
KVRAF
6140 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 am

Ingonator wrote:
brok landers wrote:will there be linear knob behaviour on the waldor edition finally, on both, 32 and 64bit versions? the exclusively circular knob behave that most of the plugins from back the did inherit was a pure no go.
just asking…
ps:
Hi,

the knob behavior is in the current bug list.

Could you please post bugs and/or feature requests at the other thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=420

Ingo
thanks for the quick response. nice to hear that :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Ingonator
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:01 am

Hi everyone,

first many thanks for the many replies so far, currently sorting those and already contacted some members.

We still accept further applications so you could still apply as a Beta Tester.
What we could really need is testers on Windows 8 and also tseter that own Pro Tools 11 and/or Pro Tools 10.

The majority of applications so far are for Windows and it would be nice to have some more testers for Mac/OSX.

Just a few hints if you want to apply:

Please don't forget to meantion which Waldorf plugins (Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition) you already own and not to forget also if you need NFR licenses for one or multiple Waldorf plugins.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

fmr
KVRAF
10698 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 am

PM sent
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”