My synth1 patches

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

Well, its a work in progress. I have them In my HD and at the moment they are usable.

they are few now, but if there are uses I will do more.

For now :
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2190

Ok, some comments about the bank.

In last update added some voice pads and arps. tweaked and fixed a lot.

It contains bass, nylon guitars, muted trumpet, trumpets (clean and with Grit), trombone, Brass combo, alto sax and slap guitar, arps and voices.

It was made with the intention of doing as good emulation as possible having in account the limitations of the synth (actually its more powerful than you think) and looking to other banks to learn how to program synth1, now I Think I have a good idea of synth1 :D.

The trumpets sound very near to the edirol and sytrus (realistic) and I used them as reference.

Hope you like it, and hope its the correct section of the forum.
Last edited by Kel on Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thanks for sharing your patches, just added them to my synth1 bank folder. :tu:

Chris-S wrote:Thanks for sharing your patches, just added them to my synth1 bank folder. :tu:
You are welcome.

Did some more patches today. Fixed nylon guitar (a lot) and made some guitar variations. fixed sax (now it sounds better).

working on it at the moment. Will post update :D cheers.

pd: the last version of synth1 from july has got a new filter mode (LPDL). its the same as lowpass filter, but very clean with less noise... nice.

More work in the way, will upload as soon as I have something complete... I dont want to have too many versions in so little time.

Nylon guitar, Nylon guitar (compressed), a better Alto sax ( I have problems differentiating ALto from Soprano XD Im no expert) and a bit dynamic trumpet(fixed). As always, Wip. Hope you like it.
Last edited by Kel on Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This post is only for learning and sharing. Its a synthesis exercise and just that. I just find that emulating acoustic instruments is cool and is a challenge. Im doing more pads and experimental patches too.

Here is an improvement on the acoustic guitars, for more natural ways of playing you can always layer them and add variations to resonances and such (that is on the works now :D).

Hope you like it. I will update the bank next week or so, when I have a respectable number of patches done. Cheers.
Last edited by Kel on Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well after some hours into it I have the conclusion that some patches to sound as a more real approximation of the real thing, need to be done separately because synth1 only has 2 osc.

I have a good approximation of a sax, but it must be done with two patches. I know, because at the same time Im doing patches for sytrus and I can get a good sax there but I needed 3 ops modulating each other independently.

For Now I think the horns, bass, guitars, and all that I have done to this precise moment is to the best of my ability finished. Now onto Pads and voices.

Cheers (will update soon the bank as I said).

Hello Kel,
i just listened to your last sounddemo "Guru-1", which made me curious about your forthcoming
bank-update.....
I am just a soundprogrammer and made over ten banks for Synth1 as well.....but your kindly "Bouzouki"
creation is very good.....are all those sounds from this demo in the bank?
A good work and thanks for your effort....emulations on synths is something special, but Synth1 is
a very good synth anyway.....
Happy patching.....
ciao
Armin (aka Kujashi)

Schiffbauer wrote:Hello Kel,
i just listened to your last sounddemo "Guru-1", which made me curious about your forthcoming
bank-update.....
I am just a soundprogrammer and made over ten banks for Synth1 as well.....but your kindly "Bouzouki"
creation is very good.....are all those sounds from this demo in the bank?
A good work and thanks for your effort....emulations on synths is something special, but Synth1 is
a very good synth anyway.....
Happy patching.....
ciao
Armin (aka Kujashi)
Hey, thanks a lot!!! yes all of them are synth1 except drums.

I managed to get some vocal patches and improve a bit the acoustic emulations, but as I said, its very difficult to do good emulations with only 2 oscs, I can get better approaches using a more complex synth with FM and minimum 4 operators.

I will update the bank when I can sorry for the delay... I will put the changes here to inform people here.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, UPDATED bank. look for it in the starting post.

The bouzouki sound I looked at it, its the nylon(comp) and nylon patches... XD updated too.
Last edited by Kel on Sun May 24, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi all, merry christmas.

I've been on and off with synth1. Everytime I get a bit of relaxing free time Im on with it.

I have made new patches for my bank. Mostly emulations for fun as you know.

Im far of finishing my patches (30 so far) and I aim for a minimum of 64.

Added a slap bass and fixed a way lot the voice patches here you have a little test (based on some old sega music :love: )

well there you are. my last 32 patches for synth1. As always wip... so few time.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2190

Good work. The arps sound fantastic.

Thanks arkmabat.

Now Im working on improving the acoustic guitar patch... very difficult with only 2 osc. But I found a way and that is using different instances. Still have to work a bit the machine-gun effect (in other synths you have random mappings and EGs so you can emulate round robin).

I will post an example with the new guitar and the guitar fret effect which I managed to get quite convincing. Synth1 never stops surprising me. The trumpets were improved too... using samples as comparison. As always wip... done for fun and practice.

Here it is:

working a bit on electric guitars. Using Equalization, Distortion and filters you can make it sound quite good. Here are two examples using 4 electric guitar patches from the new bank which will be available soon (too many changes).

Edit. I deleted all my songs on soundcloud, dont worry Im just updating all my stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/electro ... -synth1v-3

Hi all. I just keep using synth1 more and more and updating my bank... its so versatile. You know, if you want to use more LFO you can use two instances of synth1 and layers, problem solved.

I keep emulating things for fun. This time a funky trumpet just for the sake of it. Done with three instances emulating legato and grit randomly... it doesnt sound so bad for a subtractive synth, does it? (even sytrus with megapatches I made does not sound so good!).Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/synth1trumpetfunkyfixed

Return to “Soundware”