Archetype Instruments Lokomotiv feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lokomotiv

There is no way to tune the OSC, or am I mistaken?

Can't seem to find an option to tune it down/up octaves

On my side, I can't see any preset.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

i cant seem to get it installed. every time i get to the point where i select the folder i want to install to...i cant click "next".

i click and click and nothing happens. :(
ImageImageImage

Hi,
stanlea wrote:On my side, I can't see any preset.
Could you please let me know your system(pc? or Mac? ) and host(garage band?/cubase?) information?
In case of windows, The default preset bank file is must be located on \Documents\Archetype Instruments\Lokomotiv folder. Otherwise you can not see any preset when first time. (but preset bank/file import function is supported)
chaosWyrM wrote:i cant seem to get it installed. every time i get to the point where i select the folder i want to install to...i cant click "next"..
That's why we prevented the preset folder change in installer. But that dialog is for just preset file.
You may change the plug-in folder at next step.

we will try to improve it soon.
Thanks,
Last edited by jwchoi on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Numanoid wrote:There is no way to tune the OSC, or am I mistaken?

Can't seem to find an option to tune it down/up octaves
Yes, there are no Midi transpose function on it. i agree that it is little bit annoying but please use midi transpose on your keyboard controller or host.

(forget it)

jwchoi wrote:Yes, there are no Midi transpose function on it. i agree that it is little bit annoying but please use midi transpose on your keyboard controller or host.
I wasn't really looking for midi transpose, but wondered if the OSC can be tuned, but I guess that is what the Saw detune function is for :oops:
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for this synth dev-dude :), sounds good!

stanlea wrote:On my side, I can't see any preset.
What DAW are you using?

In FL Studio I go into the instrument wrapper menu, and find the presets there

LOKO is 1 OSC synth because inspired from early Japanease synthesizer like Roland JUNO 6 or Korg Poly six. so there are no semitune for OSC.
Numanoid wrote:
jwchoi wrote:Yes, there are no Midi transpose function on it. i agree that it is little bit annoying but please use midi transpose on your keyboard controller or host.
I wasn't really looking for midi transpose, but wondered if the OSC can be tuned, but I guess that is what the Saw detune function is for :oops:
Yes! I was agonized about 5th for sub OSC like micro brute from Arturia. It is easy for technically but difficult for GUI side.. Thanks for your opinion!

A very fine synthesizer I must admit that I spent a few hours getting all sorts of gnarly noises out of it. Love it!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

It has a certain sound to it that's unique. The highpass filter sounds very good, as do the other modes.

The hardsync sounds a bit frizzy at the edges, but that's not a huge problem. It kinda fits with the character.

One LFO with only one assignment. As there's only one envelope and it's usually needed for amp, I think two LFOs are needed. That's easy for me to say, though :)

I like the suboscillator. Moving between sine and saw creates a nice sound. It would be nice to be able to modulate that.

A pet peeve of mine: PWM doesn't have a definable range. So you can't modulate between, say, 75% and 95%, you just control the speed. I get you're going with a minimal design, but for me, controlling the pulsewidth in different ways is the key to so many cool analog sounds.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks everyone for your precious feedback :)
I really hope to enjoy it!
Sendy wrote: A pet peeve of mine: PWM doesn't have a definable range. So you can't modulate between, say, 75% and 95%, you just control the speed. I get you're going with a minimal design, but for me, controlling the pulsewidth in different ways is the key to so many cool analog sounds.
PWM is also possible from LFO too. it can control PWM amount.
But problem of LOKO is that just 1 LFO with 1 destionation.. JUNO 60 has just 1 LFO but multiple destination can cover it. POLY six have 2nd LFO for PWM only which is possible to control amount and rate.
LFO is one of weakness point of LOKO. :cry:

This is one fine piece of work!
And great sounding. Thanks!
It's easy if you know how

jwchoi wrote: That's why we prevented the preset folder change in installer. But that dialog is for just preset file.
You may change the plug-in folder at next step.
I don't know exactly why you thought that would be a good idea, but I don't like any installer that insists on adding stuff to my computer's C disk (no matter how small). I keep everything on a different drive (including my vst folder and all) so it's very annoying. That's part of why I hate installers in general - a dll is more than enough.

On a different note I miss an onboard arp. And a resizeable GUI (on my 19" monitor it's too big for just a few knobs and sliders). Skinnable would be better ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”