deleted

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo the path is correct for fxp/b and aupresets as long as people want them in their local folder and not user folder - if they want them in their user folder it is: \Users\username\Library\Audio\Presets\Waldorf\plugin name - generally I just keep my own presets in the user location and prefer to keep all my third party and factory banks in one place but others may prefer to use the user location for non factory banks too

afaik there is no default location for vstpresets, I notice Steinberg installer for Padshop installed its vstpresets in the same local folder path as above (Steinberg subfolder of course) so I have just been keeping mine in the same location as the other formats - not sure about aax though.

Just sent you the aupresets for these. I've also converted the PPG3 ones to Kore sounds if anyone wants those (with a built-in controller template)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Hi Ingo the path is correct for fxp/b and aupresets as long as people want them in their local folder and not user folder - if they want them in their user folder it is: \Users\username\Library\Audio\Presets\Waldorf\plugin name - generally I just keep my own presets in the user location and prefer to keep all my third party and factory banks in one place but others may prefer to use the user location for non factory banks too

afaik there is no default location for vst3presets, I have just been keeping mine in the same location as the other formats - not sure about aax

Just sent you the aupresets for these. I've also converted the PPG3 ones to Kore sounds if anyone wants those (with a built-in controller template)
Hi Stephen,

many thanks for this. :hug:

Here is a link for your AU preset file so people here could check this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... preset.zip

Later i will try to add this to my own ZIP file for the bank.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Cheers - just to be clear those are just for the PPGWave 2 as the PPGWave 3 has its own built-in bank manager.

aMUSEd wrote:Cheers - just to be clear those are just for the PPGWave 2 as the PPGWave 3 has its own built-in bank manager.
Yes, it was clear for me. Loading in PPG Wave 3.V should not be a problem with the built-in browser.

I did also not notice bigger sound problems with the imported patches in PPG Wave 3.V (e.g. related to the updated filters + envelopes). I have switched the "TruePPG" modes for the imported patches to "2.V"). Anyway the overall sound quality in PPG Wave 3.V seems to be better while PPG Wave 2.V still seems to sound great based on the fact how old it is (around 14 years AFAIK...).

PPG Wave 3.V is also much louder. Some patches in PPG Wave 2.V are a bit too quiet, even with maximum volume.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Cheers - just to be clear those are just for the PPGWave 2 as the PPGWave 3 has its own built-in bank manager.
Yes, it was clear for me.
I know, I meant for anyone else.

aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Yes, it was clear for me.
I know, I meant for anyone else.
Hi Stephen, thanks again. I added an Update to the OP. As soon as i know it is working properly i will add the AU preset file to my own ZIP file for the bank.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi,

i got a confirmation that the AU preset file seesm to work properly in PPG Wave 2.V.

I added this to my ZIP file for the bank now. The link for the ZIP file is identical but the file is new.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo for the new bank of presets.
Very nice sounds - They have breathed new life into my 3.V :hug:
Cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

synthmagic wrote:Thanks Ingo for the new bank of presets.
Very nice sounds - They have breathed new life into my 3.V :hug:
Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,

many thans for you kind comment. :hug:

There do not seem to be many soundbanks for both PPG Wave 2.V and PPG 3.V beyomnd the factory banks yet. Hopefully this will change after the current updates are finished.

While doing those new patches i found that also the old PPG Wave 2.V could stil sound great after more than 10 years.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I just updated the ZIP file again. Changes only include the PPG Wave 3.V patches.

Changes:
- Categories added in the corresponding row/tab in the PROG menu of PPG Wave 3.V
- Single Patches exported as *.fxp files. The category added is added automatically at the beginning of the file name

I also updated the corresponding files in the KVR Downloads/Patches database.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

A small hint for those that already downloaded the soundset:
As you could see above there were a few changes/additions so it could be good to re-download if not already done.

I did not have much time to create audio demos but will post some ASAP.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”