EpiCentre "Supershear Edition" support

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
1085 posts since 8 Feb, 2012 from South - Africa

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30 am

EpiCentre "Supershear Edition" is in the works, the no.1 thing that will change is labels to explain what the knobs do, other basic additions would be presets and a manual. This is a 'minor' update - so no new knobs and stuff - keeping it easy to use/abuse. Apart from GUI tweaks, there will be more algorithms and some current ones will be tweaked a bit. If you have an idea for a fun effect to add, feel free to suggest something and I'll see what I can do. The only two algorithm design criteria is -> 1) All knobs should have a function. 2) no delay based effects (chorus,verb, flanger, etc). Maybe a fixed band dirty-EQ? Something 'inspired by' the flying pan pedal? A to E filter?

Halma will be pushing the pixels for any GUI related queries.

Regards
Andrew

KVRist
77 posts since 20 Feb, 2008

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:58 am

Just wanna say that your plugin is my new swiss army knife

Thank you

U-o
KVRian
1317 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 am

Mousewheel support for all knobs/sliders would be good idea, IMO.
yzcoruhT

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 pm

U-o wrote:Mousewheel support for all knobs/sliders would be good idea, IMO.
Great idea, but unfortunately can't do this because I have to keep the GUI 'simple' for future 64bit compatibility. :neutral:

KVRAF
5874 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm looking forward to it :)

KVRer
19 posts since 4 Aug, 2013 from Middletown ny

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 am

Can't wait for presets! It's like Frank's red hot I put this s*** on everything!!!! :D

KVRAF
6686 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 am

Thank you for keeping on developing this plugin further !

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:11 am

foosnark wrote:I'm looking forward to it :)
tommyfrizz wrote:Can't wait for presets! It's like Frank's red hot I put this s*** on everything!!!! :D
sinkmusic wrote:Thank you for keeping on developing this plugin further !
Thanks! It's coming along, will probably release this in succession to Mould_R (a compressor).

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 am

Good news, I just did the first preliminary tests for VST3 64bit 'module' export with SDK3 and EpiCentre's main module(which does 99% of the work) was successfully ported :borg:

KVRian
1058 posts since 9 Apr, 2012

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 am

Ichad.c wrote:Good news, I just did the first preliminary tests for VST3 64bit 'module' export with SDK3 and EpiCentre's main module(which does 99% of the work) was successfully ported :borg:
:tu:
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

KVRAF
8018 posts since 2 Aug, 2005 from Guitar Land, USA

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm

That's cool to see 64 bit versions-somebody's got to go there. Epicentre's dual filter thing is really cool, I couldn't seem to adjust their frequencies manually, so it jumpstarted a new thing for me. I was using it with a midi envelope thing for an autowah.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

KVRist
77 posts since 20 Feb, 2008

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 am

Any news ?

no pressure though - stay cool

Edit: BTW where is donation button? i can`t find it

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 am

Durschlack wrote:Any news ?

no pressure though - stay cool

Edit: BTW where is donation button? i can`t find it
Yeah, still busy; currently making a algo - Hiltop Pedal - basically its a bunch of allpass filters with 2 stages of distortion in-between. If you feed it a mono signal to both inputs, you can control the stereo width from 0 to 90 degrees .

The two tilt filters also now have two selectable frequencies each, and there is a true bypass switch too.

A donation button is too much hassle, our foreign exchange controls make it near dang impossible :? You can like/follow its page here @ kvr, that would be enough of a "thank you" to me.

Planning on being done by Xmas.

Regards
Andrew

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:59 am

Btw, I figured out a way to elegantly phase modulate an allpass filter without the pitch going honky, quite subtle effect. Should I hook this up to a 4 pole allpass for the supershear edition ? Sounds decent with an envelope follower.

KVRist
149 posts since 4 Oct, 2010

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 am

Might as well go for it. I'd like to hear what you mean.

Return to “Effects”