KVRAF
2741 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 pm

http://promotions.eventide.com/ultrareverb.jsp

$79 for the time being.

Edit: to save everyone having to click the link:
High End Hardware-Based Reverb Algorithms in a Single Native Plug-in

• The culmination of more than 35 years of reverb R&D

• Halls, Chambers, Rooms, Plates, and Ambience derived from Eventide's flagship hardware processor, the H8000 UltraHarmonizer®

• Create acoustically natural or other-worldly environments

• Packed with over 300 killer presets for mixing, mastering, post production, and sound design

• Includes Artist Presets designed by top engineers and recording professionals

• No Physical iLok Key required

• Native format for AU, VST, or AAX64 for Mac or Windows

• Session compatible with Eventide Reverb HD/TDM from the Anthology II bundle

More than Just a Reverb

• Stereo Delays (pre or post reverb) with Tempo sync to lock delays in time with your session

• Compressor (pre or post reverb) with key input

• Pre-EQ, Post-EQ, Reverb EQ, and Delay EQ – Four independent, three band parametric equalizers

• Reverb Tail Randomization based on the legendary H949 Harmonizer® Random setting

• Modulation Rate and Depth controls

• LoFi control for subtle grit or all out mangling

Watch the Features Overview Video

sin night
KVRian
1278 posts since 1 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Re: Eventide Ultrareverb

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:34 pm

I hope to listen to some audio demos very soon (I can't find any at the moment); I'm seriously thinking about purchasing it (knowing the quality of Eventide's stuffs) but I need to have at least an idea of the way it sounds before buying it...

asksol
KVRist
286 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from San Francisco

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Looks like an improved version of the Eventide Reverb in the Anthology 2 bundle for TDM, great to see them ported to native.

Between Lexicon PCM, Valhalla, Softube TSAR-1, Altiverb and Blackhole, do I need another reverb?
Well... it does have seem to have some interesting creative features, and it's Eventide :D

Demoing it now, managed to create some very interesting beats using short decay/size and post over-compression.

BTW: Dry/wet settings changes with presets, but at least there are insert and bus versions for
all factory presets.

cryophonik
KVRAF
5347 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Elk Grove, CA

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:54 pm

I don't need another reverb, but that's a great intro price for an Eventide, not to mention the on-board compression, EQ, delay lines, etc. Nice GUI, too.

antithesist
KVRian
1400 posts since 9 Feb, 2012

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Huh?

Gimme!

Bought.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

chokehold
KVRAF
2135 posts since 11 Oct, 2007 from Almanya

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:00 pm

I just gave it a spin. Nice all-in-one solution, does all sorts of Halls, Rooms, Plates, Ambiences, etc. Also contains Delay, Compressor (pre/post optional) and separate pre/post EQs.

Tried it on drums, got it to sound relatively natural, but I somehow never got that "8-bit explosion noise" on every drum hit to go away completely, and the tail is also a bit on the grainy side, IMO.

Not a bad price for a reverb, but I liked their Stereo Room better.
sin night wrote:I'm seriously thinking about purchasing it (...) but I need to have at least an idea of the way it sounds before buying it...
There is a demo. Use it. :roll:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31358 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Looks good - amazing price

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:10 pm

sin night
KVRian

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:15 pm

chokehold wrote:
sin night wrote:I'm seriously thinking about purchasing it (...) but I need to have at least an idea of the way it sounds before buying it...
There is a demo. Use it. :roll:
I didn't see it, otherwise I would have used it.

edit: ok, there's a big "try" button on the promotion page, I really don't know how I missed it. I guess I spend way too much hours in front of a screen... :roll:

4damind
KVRAF
5026 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

I have not heard so much about the H8000 Ultra Harmonizer reverbs more of the microshift/delay stuff.
Hmm... has somebody used the hardware or some idea about the quality of this reverb?

softska
KVRian
782 posts since 1 Sep, 2008 from US

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Their youtube sound demo impresses, good layout and feature set as well. Already too much reverb but this is worthy of GAS :P

sin night
KVRian

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

So, I just tried the demo (I only went through the presets) on my macbook with a pair of cheap earbuds. It sounds great! It's very "controlled" (though it can go also wild, as some preset show), it adds to the sound without being easily noticeable (untill you bypass it!)... I'm sold!

I didn't compare it side by side with other reverbs (I'm not on my music machine at the moment), but the first impression is that I like it much more than the Lexicon MPX Native... it sounds "expensive" and "record-ready"... maybe it's just the presets which are very good, maybe I'm too excited for this new plugin (I was looking at Eventide reverbs on the few last days and I bought a Timefactor just last saturday afternoon, so I'm definitely biased at the moment), but I like it a lot.

I have many reverb plugins (though I prefer using delays...), but I'm having a gas attack for this one.

v1o
KVRAF
2192 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Comparisons to Valhalla Vintage Verb are welcome.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

szurcio
KVRian
807 posts since 25 Nov, 2005

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Does it take a lot of CPU? I'm still on a dual-core PC (which btw is being repaired right now so I can't demo UltraReverb)

MickGael
KVRAF
1821 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

chokehold wrote:...I liked their Stereo Room better.
+1

I just downloaded the demo. The new one is a real disappointment. 2016 Stereo Room is MUCH better, IMO. I use it all the time. Definitely passing on this one.

Now, if only Eventide would salvage the 2016 Plate Reverb (originally released by Princeton Digital, like Stereo Room)!
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”