What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This seems like a write-only thread. Is anyone actually reading the other posts, or just stopping by to post their own list?
Stormchild

I'm reading. It's interesting to note what people are using. Especially since the thread has been around a while, so you can see some people posting more than once and how their setup changes.

I'm reading as well. I also find interesting how different the tastes and styles are. From typical modular synths to VA "flagship" kind of synths, there's a lot of bandwidth.

I'm reading too, it stands out to me that what's really used is the slightly boring, common stuff. But that actually makes sense too...

Well, as the OP, of course I'm reading it. Finding it interesting even when someone feels they need to list everything used in the last year. It also shows trends. I've noticed some are using less synths and more effects.
Some make changes others stay relatively the same. And it allows every one to post as often as they want without really being locked into their previous post.
Don't think it matters whether someone reads what I post as much as it does that I've put it into print for my own process.

Diva
Hive 2
Surge

BBFG# wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm Finding it interesting even when someone feels they need to list everything used in the last year.
I listed what i'm using "currently" as per the question. I took "currently" to mean: what i'm using regularly in the past 3 months and expect to continue using regularly in the next 3 months.

Boy, I've slimmed down even further since my last post.
If I use FX in the box it's mostly the stuff included with Bitwig or Vahalla stuff. I use Bitwig's Polygrid quite a bit, as well as Bazille and Aalto. I had been using my Korg Kronos for sampled acoustic instruments but I'm starting to move back to Kontakt and Bitwig's Sampler for that.
I stopped using Pro Tools shortly after that last post. I don't use Numerology since I got my Vector sequencer.

I've started using more iPad apps. Quanta and Enso are a lot of fun and I love sequencing my 2600 from those Ruismaker sequencers.
justin3am wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:48 pm Not using much software these days.

DAWs:
Bitwig
Pro Tools

Instruments:
Aalto
Bazille
Zebra
Bitwig instruments

Effects:
Elevate bundle
Air EQ
Compassion
Presswerk
Virtual Mix Rack
Valhalla Room
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Sandman Pro
SpecOps
Guitar Rig
Reaktor
Bitwig effects

Other:
Numerology
Ixox's Ambika Editor
Overbridge

I have a lot more plug-ins installed but those are the only things I've used over the past year or so. I've been working mostly with hardware lately.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 am
BBFG# wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm Finding it interesting even when someone feels they need to list everything used in the last year.
I listed what i'm using "currently" as per the question. I took "currently" to mean: what i'm using regularly in the past 3 months and expect to continue using regularly in the next 3 months.
I wasn't pointing anyone out or saying someone is "doing it wrong". However anyone interprets "current" is up to them and all relevant. Which is the point I was trying to make. It's all interesting and informative to me.

Synths
 DrumComputer
 Hive2
 SubLab
 Generate 

Sequencer
  Hy-Seq*16*2

Saturation etc,
 Saturn2
 LFO Tool
 The Drop

Dynamics & EQ
 Molot GE
 SmartEQ2

Delays & Reverbs
 Valhalla Delay
 SuperMassive
 Outer Space

Interesting to see whether this changes in the year

BBFG# wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:06 am
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 am
I wasn't pointing anyone out or saying someone is "doing it wrong". However anyone interprets "current" is up to them and all relevant. Which is the point I was trying to make. It's all interesting and informative to me.
oh ok i was being sensitive. I'd recently posted long list.

So actually in a transition period, which also means some "honeymoon" use with newer gear. Can't say I'm doing any real work because of that and trying to find and keep interested in the whole thing after losing a beloved companion of 12 years.

So on this kick of software needing to be able to run on any of the 3 OSs, I'm spending more time with Bitwig, Pianoteq, u-He and Tracktion synths and effects. And reopening my more loved NFR plugins to see what needs to be done to keep them active. Which means mostly Alchemy 1, MusicLab, Blue Cat and to a lesser extent, Rapture and Z3ta+ 2.

Working on finding the gel that makes sense to me ATM.

I'm using things that hadn't happebed when the original post occurred.
I'm heavily using VSL Synchron Player now, far more than VI Pro it appears, Orch. Tools SINE player quite more than Kontakt (because of the unique libraries in it) now. I'm not ao much doing bass/drums/keys y/o guitar paradigm at this point (which = Kontakt). Synchron Piano because Bosendorfer Imperial. I only had the one Synchron Product when I posted before, their business model evolved more and more to affordable.
MIR Pro 24 and MIRacle instead of reverb. Izotope Neutron 3 (full or the smaller one) and Nectar 3 are new.
Vienna Suite Pro, still retaining a couple of them I like better in the original.

jancivil wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:56 pm I'm using things that hadn't happebed when the original post occurred.
I'm heavily using VSL Synchron Player now, far more than VI Pro it appears, Orch. Tools SINE player quite more than Kontakt (because of the unique libraries in it) now. I'm not ao much doing bass/drums/keys y/o guitar paradigm at this point (which = Kontakt). Synchron Piano because Bosendorfer Imperial. I only had the one Synchron Product when I posted before, their business model evolved more and more to affordable.
MIR Pro 24 and MIRacle instead of reverb. Izotope Neutron 3 (full or the smaller one) and Nectar 3 are new.
Vienna Suite Pro, still retaining a couple of them I like better in the original.
Nice!
(Though I have to say that I've enjoyed your guitar work more than many others that post their music here.)
I was using Neutron 3 quite a bit too, but decided to change over to Presswerk, because of the additional Linux version. And finding I'm getting along with it well. I get fatigued by NI & Izotope policies, so am working on eliminating them to a bare minimum, which is a shame, because they make good products.

Hi, thx
I bought the Izotope things because I got a 'loyalty reward' offer in email. Because I had a couple of things, the smaller Neutron 3' licensed that are bundled with my Presonus audio interface. So I see $49 vs, list = 249 and the Neutron I already have is a good design I think, and efficient, so I went for it. I clicked Nectar by mistake and decided to keep it (there's not a whole lot of difference). However the small one in Cubase 11 as an offline process on an audio region is insta-crash.

Return to “Instruments”