Exponential Audio Phoenix vs Acon Verberate?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Maybe somebody has both or it's not too long ago to have the demo running. Unfortunately I cannot run Phoenix again (I demoed it the time it was released).

Both are very transparent and natural... how are they different eg. for longer reverb tails and big spaces/rooms?

I have both because I like reverbs that are more natural sounding. I am no reverb expert so I want to throw out a disclaimer first. I think for longer reverb tails the Phoenix is smoother while the *Verberate sounds a little "harder" but not necessarily metallic though either. I think blended well though for big spaces/rooms, I feel like I am actually in the room more with *Verberate. Something about it just sounds incredibly natural. Overall, for faking real realistic sounds, I prefer *Verberate but they are both so good you can't go wrong with either.

What I like about *Verberate is that it sounds like darn good impulse responses except the reverb is very tweakable. Phoenix seems to be more from the ground up algorithmic reverb that can sound realistic when going easy on the wet/dry blend but sounds lovely in almost any setting.

I don't know if that helps at all but wish you the best. Good taste in reverbs btw :wink:
Last edited by AC222 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!

AC222 wrote:I have both because I like reverbs that are more natural sounding. I am no reverb expert so I want to throw out a disclaimer first. I think for longer reverb tails the Phoenix is smoother while the Reverberate sounds a little "harder" but not necessarily metallic though either. I think blended well though for big spaces/rooms, I feel like I am actually in the room more with Reverberate. Something about it just sounds incredibly natural. Overall, for faking real realistic sounds, I prefer Reverbate but they are both so good you can't go wrong with either.

What I like about Reverberate is that it sounds like darn good impulse responses except the reverb is very tweakable. Phoenix seems to be more from the ground up algorithmic reverb that can sound realistic when going easy on the wet/dry blend but sounds lovely in almost any setting.

I don't know if that helps at all but wish you the best. Good taste in reverbs btw :wink:
Do you mean Verberate or Reverberate? Ironically this is what happens with plugins with the same functions and such similar names.

definitely Acon Verberate. Just recently got a great deal from jrrshop :tu:

I keep calling it Reverberate by accident though because it's way too similar sounding as the liquidsonics (that I do not use, have the CM version but not currently installed). Sorry for the confusion fellas.

+1 on AC222's description of these verbs. Phoenix is very good, but the Acon verb is something special, quite unlike your typical algorithmic reverb plug. Great price, too ... you can't go wrong.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

yes I must admit I am stunned how Acon have done it.. this puts most expensive verbs to shame.... it really is killer.. it's super smooth now too, really versatile... kind of a must have for the toolbox.... much cheaper than the others in this topic, and of course only simple one time serial entry. I say go verberate.

Thanks. It seems that Acon is the favorite!

4damind wrote:Thanks. It seems that Acon is the favorite!
probably cause it s the newest one too lol joking ...it s good reverb but i m not sure yet how well it gel with the source, i would say from my little test it's not best at everything ,for synth leads for example i couldn't beat lexicon with it, the reverb didnt feel as much a part of the sound but it was just a short test.. on some other stuff like percussion and drums it impressed me , phoenix is really nice too i demoed it when it was released and from memories i enjoyed it much more.

Exponential Audio plugins are meant to sound lexiconish that's where Michael used to work. That sound doesn't just try to create a realistic space it's also designed to be musical. I prefair R2 over Phoenix and Verberate for synthesizers.

Return to “Effects”