XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

XSRDO Patchwork Modular System v1.07

Updates
Some new Oscillators, Filters and Modifiers.

Dermatology
I'm not a graphic artist, so if you don't like the default skin and want to make some changes yourself the new
GUI system let's you move a single control or design an entire customized skin.

Help
The help manual is now in windows CHM format.

Kirsty :)

:party:
Thanks a lot Kirsty!

:party: :party: :party:
Yeee! custom skin back :tu: and thanks a lot for the new modules too! Cheers
kirsty roland wrote:XSRDO Patchwork Modular System v1.07

Updates
Some new Oscillators, Filters and Modifiers.

Dermatology
I'm not a graphic artist, so if you don't like the default skin and want to make some changes yourself the new
GUI system let's you move a single control or design an entire customized skin.

Help
The help manual is now in windows CHM format.

Kirsty :)

Impressive stuff :o

I'll give it a try tomorrow, and maybe I design a GUI if I don't really like it :P

Best free modular by miles, and probably the only one that simulates patching real modules. Superb work.

.jon wrote:Best free modular by miles, and probably the only one that simulates patching real modules. Superb work.
Kirsty :D

Hi Kirsty!

I'm really enjoying your synth! You've done an amazing job coding it and it has a lot of capabilities that I've wanted to have in a VSTi. Currently using 1.07 on a Win 7/64 machine in Reaper 5.

Something I've come across that I can't explain wrt the AS4 module... When I put the first instance in, Knob 1 had a range of 0 - 100. The second instance had a Knob 1 range of -1 to +1. Then, all subsequent instances had a Knob 1 range of 0 - 10, which is what all of the other Knobs (2-4) showed in all instances. Is there something I need to do - perhaps slot selection? - to get it consistent? I personally like the +/- option :)

One other thing I noticed is that the link to the Help file is missing from the main menu.

In looking for a possible solution to the issue mentioned I checked your Youtube videos...In a couple you had a white-skinned version with an LCD type display. Looked really good! Did you change from that style in order to fit more modules on screen?
Dave

des wrote:Hi Kirsty!

I'm really enjoying your synth! You've done an amazing job coding it and it has a lot of capabilities that I've wanted to have in a VSTi. Currently using 1.07 on a Win 7/64 machine in Reaper 5.

Something I've come across that I can't explain wrt the AS4 module... When I put the first instance in, Knob 1 had a range of 0 - 100. The second instance had a Knob 1 range of -1 to +1. Then, all subsequent instances had a Knob 1 range of 0 - 10, which is what all of the other Knobs (2-4) showed in all instances. Is there something I need to do - perhaps slot selection? - to get it consistent? I personally like the +/- option :)

One other thing I noticed is that the link to the Help file is missing from the main menu.

In looking for a possible solution to the issue mentioned I checked your Youtube videos...In a couple you had a white-skinned version with an LCD type display. Looked really good! Did you change from that style in order to fit more modules on screen?
Hi
I'm glad you like my little synth.

I checked the AS4 Seq module out and it looks OK to me. Win7/64 Reaper 5.2/64.
All knobs report a range of 0-10.
There is no +/- option on the AS4 so I'm confused what you mean by that!
Yes, early versions were in white, but after changing the graphics due to user requests I settled on the current
colour scheme which can have a user designed skin. I might make a new default skin sometime in the future.
...and the user manual used to be a PDF but is now a windows CHM.

If you can save a patch (or screen shot of the GUI) with the issue you are seeing and send it to me maybe that
will help.

Regards
Kirsty

I'll get a picture up this evening (hopefully). I need to be able to get a screen capture while having the control selected so the value can be seen. Is it possible that other synthedit based synths may be interfering with yours? I think I only have one other installed at the moment..Cerebrum I believe.

Also using Win7/64 and latest Reaper 5 version.

I've seen and used the.chm help file. I thought there was supposed to be a link to it from the main menu...it doesn't show up that way.

Thanks for looking into this. :)
Dave

des wrote: ...Is it possible that other synthedit based synths may be interfering with yours?
Thanks for looking into this. :)
No. That's impossible. The entire synth engine is custom programmed.

Kirsty

I was unable to get the AS4 modules to duplicate the strange behavior, however I did get the SEQ STAGE modules to act up. Stage 2 is the problem child...
Stage 2 Knob 1.jpg
Stage 2 Knob 2.jpg
Here's a pic of the main menu - shouldn't there be a link to the help file there?
XSRDO Menu.jpg
I built the same patch on my windows 8.1/64 machine and it worked fine. Not sure what the trigger is to get it to behave like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

WRT the values used for the Sequencer controls - what's the best way to generate standard 12 note scales?
Dave

Does anyone have an older version of this? I'm looking for anything below 0.6, and in particular, 0.58, but anything below 1.0 would be appreciated :)

I'm trying to find a version that works on the Receptor rev c. The current version (1.07) actually verifies, but you can't get to the gui. I read that there were similar gui problems in FL Studio, and that .58 worked. I will try any older version though.

This is one of the better (free) modulars out there btw. So intuitive, and sounds very good Kirsty.

johnrule wrote:Does anyone have an older version of this? I'm looking for anything below 0.6, and in particular, 0.58, but anything below 1.0 would be appreciated :)

I'm trying to find a version that works on the Receptor rev c. The current version (1.07) actually verifies, but you can't get to the gui. I read that there were similar gui problems in FL Studio, and that .58 worked. I will try any older version though.

This is one of the better (free) modulars out there btw. So intuitive, and sounds very good Kirsty.
Anything pre v1.0 is not recommended. I only have v0.67 & v0.93 backups then v1.0 ono
johnrule wrote: ...The current version (1.07) actually verifies, but you can't get to the gui...
Strictly speaking, Patchwork doesn't have a GUI. The DSP engine is VSTSDK 2.4 compatible code with
dedicated call back functions to a custom GUI layer using embedded and/or imported graphics (*.BMPs)
animated in response to Windows WM_MOUSE messages. Thats why its a Windows only plugin.

If it works on Receptor I'll be gobsmacked :!:

Kirsty

Return to “Modular Synthesis”