The Hang - poll closed

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:I just already own those other companies.
So how much would it be to buy Soniccouture from you? Are you maybe offering it on eBay sometime in the future?

BBFG# wrote: ... there's a redundancy issue to consider.

(Even though I don't find them redundant as some would, because each seems to have their own harmonic content character by who sampled them.)
So I have sets in Synthmaster; Reaktor; & Kontakt and each has their place for me.
It would just be nice to also have a set for Alchemy that gives me another range of possibilities is all.

As I said and corrected, I own their offerings of these and they are very nice. My favorites at the moment. Synthmaster has the Nori Ubukata samples of these also, and it's nice to have the synth engine to add to them as it does. The Reaktor Bosomacs are actually the Tank Drums and so they have their own harmonic content that's different but compliments the others very well.

And again, I doubt if I will ever own Mach or Halion.
My purely selfish reasons are simply the I like your offerings and I like Alchemy a lot too.
So yeah, it gets my first vote.
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:
Plus Mach and Halion require dongle/extra software to run.
Which means it is highly unlikely I would own them.
Yeah, you, but fortunately enough people don't care about this dongle-thing and use those instruments because they are state-of-the-art-dongled-donglements.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I just already own those other companies.
So how much would it be to buy Soniccouture from you? Are you maybe offering it on eBay sometime in the future?
That was the attempt of a joke, I didn't actually want to buy any sample sets from you, I wanted to buy a company.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Yeah, you, but fortunately enough people don't care about this dongle-thing and use those instruments because they are state-of-the-art-dongled-donglements.
And just as many that do.
S.O.T.A.-Dongle is pretty much an oxymoron.
It just means you would stop making things I would buy or use.
That would be shame is all.

BBFG# wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
And just as many that do.
S.O.T.A.-Dongle is pretty much an oxymoron.
It just means you would stop making things I would buy or use.
That would be shame is all.
I'm totally not into dongle-discussions as these lead nowhere, so let's maybe leave it at that (and I develop enough stuff for undongled synths and samplers).

I'm not getting into that at all. It is what is, a non-sequitur for me.
Of course I'm hoping that you do these for what I own to add to what I have bought from you already.
This happens to be one of those instruments that I like and use often so I I have a few versions of it already.
It's an easy sale to me (along with Duduks and Hurdy Gurdys). As long as it's in a format I can use.
But between the two I do own, I think I could do more with it in Alchemy than I can Kontakt.

BBFG# wrote:I'm not getting into that at all. It is what is, a non-sequitur for me.
Of course I'm hoping that you do these for what I own to add to what I have bought from you already.
This happens to be one of those instruments that I like and use often so I I have a few versions of it already.
It's an easy sale to me (along with Duduks and Hurdy Gurdys). As long as it's in a format I can use.
But between the two I do own, I think I could do more with it in Alchemy than I can Kontakt.
Well, this poll surely will influence me, that's why I did it, if Alchemy wins it, then there will be Hang patches for Alchemy, probably not exclusively but I'll use Alchemy for what it's good at in this context. I captured so many different sounds from it that this will make for a plethora of multisampled instruments as well as soundscapes and electronic derivatives. Now off to the UPS store to send it back to where it came from.

:tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I would prefer Alchemy mainly because it has the best performance controls. My second choice would be Halio 5 - I don't own MachFive and find Kontakt rather limited.

What are you hoping from in Alchemy 2 then in terms of granular options?
Well, first of all Alchemy's sample engine needs an overhaul to improve the sound quality, the aliasing is already audible when only transposing samples down less than 2 octaves, the granular engine needs to sound less blurry and more pristine. As you own HALion5 and Padshop, you know what features we need:
  • *Much longer grain times (crusherX has grain lengths of up to 60 seconds, which can create totally amazing, huge grain clouds), 200 ms just doesn't cut it anymore
    *Multiple grain streams (PSP/HALion have up to 8, crusherX has up to 64 if I recall correctly), MachFive can also do this by using unison voices in the respective layer, now you have to use all 4 oscillators in Alchemy to simulate at least 4 multiple streams, and that usually totally kills the CPU
    *Much wider grain randomization over the entire audio file if desired like in HALion/PSP
    *Pitch quantization of grain clouds, so you use scales (minor/major, pentatonic, custom scaled, microtonal, wholetone, chromatic, dorian....) to create tonal grain clouds (like in crusherX or The Mangle)
    *Pitch randomization, at least 1 octave in range
    *Crossfade looping (both for granular and sampling like in HALion 5)
    *More different grain shapes, or better, draw your own like in crusherX
Then it needs a dedicated stretch engine, TM Pro in Kontakt 5 is very good, so is the stretch mode in MachFive, the one in HALion is also not bad. Syncing loops with Alchemy's granular engine introduces too many artifacts and one can only transpose a loop within a very small range before it starts sounding silly.
The polyphony needs to be upped too, and the overall CPU load reduced. For the multisampled Hang instruments even 32 voices are not enough, as the release times are pretty long, and when you play fast sequences you can even hear the note-stealing.

But you're not Camel Audio, so what am I on about :)
Simon,

Might this be better sent on to Camel Audio here?:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p5928486

I know that Luftrum has been beta testing 2 and raved of it.

I feel compelled to say someone of your stature (meaning I regard your opinion very highly) could be of great value to them in their design decisions, and hopefully motivate them to get a move on with Alchemy 2!

Best,

James

jas wrote:
Simon,

Might this be better sent on to Camel Audio here?:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p5928486

I know that Luftrum has been beta testing 2 and raved of it.

I feel compelled to say someone of your stature (meaning I regard your opinion very highly) could be of great value to them in their design decisions, and hopefully motivate them to get a move on with Alchemy 2!

Best,

James
For some reason I didn't sign the Beta-NDA 2 years ago so I was not on that beta team. Meanwhile it would be much too late for any feature requests anyway, if Luftrum already raved about v2 (what about his NDA) then it maybe means, that v2 is not too far away. Also the thing with v2 is, that it needs to be fully compatible with patches made in v1, so any drastic changes to the granular engine are not to bee expected, I fear, hopefully I'm wrong though. I did post quite a few feature requests in that thread you mentioned.

More Hang pics:

I voted for Alchemy and Kontakt as I do not have any of the others. I have Halion but it's a very old version. Alchemy and Kontakt I have the latest versions. But I think Alchemy would be my first choice.

(I haven't really been following any Alchemy2 threads... but I'm curious to see what happens with backwards compatibility... since people own so many sound banks from various places)

13:10 - Alchemy vs. Kontakt. Come on, give us a few more votes, please.

It will probably be a multiple-format project then.

Sampleconstruct wrote:13:10 - Alchemy vs. Kontakt. Come on, give us a few more votes, please.

It will probably be a multiple-format project then.
Hope so, I have some of your samples for both and depending on how I use them will go to one or the other.
Doubtful that I will ever be a Mach (PACE) user, but I do look at the HALion every once in awhile.
If you did these for HALion also, would they be able to play in the Sonic 2 version or just 5?

Return to “patchpool”