iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Is there a list of bugs?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Is there a list of bugs?
Just enter 'bugs' into the search window on the upper right and voilà ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=425374&p=6540795&hi ... s#p6540795
Last edited by atya on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thx :) Maybe im dumb but for $41 i risked IT even i use only the Samples. I Like iris1 and Hope iris2 brings Dome more to it
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Thx :) Maybe im dumb but for $41 i risked IT even i use only the Samples. I Like iris1 and Hope iris2 brings Dome more to it
It does for sure. It's just a bit of a resource hog and depending on what you got it for needs some workarounds here and there but that's doable. Regarding the factory samples and patches I wish they would have left that part of the job to someone more inspired :lol:

atya wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Thx :) Maybe im dumb but for $41 i risked IT even i use only the Samples. I Like iris1 and Hope iris2 brings Dome more to it
It does for sure. It's just a bit of a resource hog and depending on what you got it for needs some workarounds here and there but that's doable. Regarding the factory samples and patches I wish they would have left that part of the job to someone more inspired :lol:
Not for bread & butter.
Pads, soundscapes and other experimental stuff

Caine123 wrote:
Not for bread & butter.
My platter is full of bread and butter samples, and subtractive synths. I got Iris 2 exactly because IT IS different. :tu:

It's gonna be years before I think again about getting Omnisphere! :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Not for bread & butter.
My platter is full of bread and butter samples, and subtractive synths. I got Iris 2 exactly because IT IS different. :tu:

It's gonna be years before I think again about getting Omnisphere! :lol:
I would say the presets are lacklustre, but show off the capabilities of the unique way of filtering a sample. It's great for post production, sound effect and that kind of stuff. It's a tool for unique job, that no other synth does.
Check out these 3rd party presets. Excellent work! This guy also creates banks for Diva, Omnisphere, and Zebra. A soundbank for $23 with 74 presets. I got this and these are really good. He also has 1GB of free field recordings that you can download and use in Iris or anywhere else.
http://www.luftrum.com/luftrum10/
Soundbank for the amazing spectral synth iZotope Iris v1 and v2. Textured pads, classic pads and organic soundscapes defines the essence of this soundbank. Inspired by the sounds of Mother Earth and pioneers from the early electronic music scene, make sound worlds collide in harmony in this collection. The soundbank makes extensive use of samples from the Luftrum collection. Samples of a didgeridoo, the forest, rain, voices, airport, sound toys, clockworks, record dust, VA synths + a handpicked selection of binaural recordings.
Soundbank for iZotope Iris by Luftrum - demo by Nicky Bendix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj1tX-oMVbA

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:Well, those presets are far more inspiring, however the 'free field recordings' is a bit false advertising, as you still are charged a minimum $10 (that's what it was charging for me) so I'll pass. Thanks again for the information.
No they are still free, you can download them one at a time for free, with a Creative Commons license to use them. They are bundled into a single download file with a full license if you donate to the charity Save the Children.

Got an official reply of izotope. If people here summarize thr bugs etc i will include those!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to iZotope Customer Care. I’d be happy to assist with this.

Can you provide some more information on the issues you’re experiencing? What fixes are you referring to? To answer your question, Iris 2 is not a discontinued product line, and is still maintained for compatibility with the latest OS and DAW versions.

Regarding the issues you’re experiencing, it would be very helpful to see some screenshots that show the symptom(s) and any error messages you may be seeing, as applicable. This should help me identify where the breakdown is occurring, and how to fix it.

Please place all images in one .zip file and attach it to your next message. If the folder too large to be attached, please upload it to Dropbox, WeTransfer, or any file sharing method you prefer, and paste the download link in your reply to this message.

I hope this is helpful. I’ll keep an eye out for your next response.

Sincerely,

Brian
iZotope Customer Care

<delete>

Caine123 wrote:To answer your question, Iris 2 is not a discontinued product line, and is still maintained for compatibility with the latest OS and DAW versions.
Great! Good to know! :tu:

Caine123 wrote:Iris 2 is not a discontinued product line, and is still maintained for compatibility with the latest OS and DAW versions.
Doesn't sound like there's much active development though.

<delete>

Return to “Instruments”