No love for MUX Modular 7 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

There is little discussion about MUX going from v5 to v6 and now v7

http://www.mutools.com/mux-product.html

Included is a new MuSampla version 2.

Anybody have upgraded and can share their insight if it is worth it or not?
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would love to but still no Mac version.

aMUSEd wrote:I would love to but still no Mac version.
That is so weird, because when I first fired up the plug, and saw the interface I thought, "OK this was basically made for Mac, and they have converted it to PC."

I've bought the upgrade last week instantly - for only 19 EUR the new multi OSC with unisono and wavetables is it worth alone! :love:

(But don't ask me how it compares to DUNE 2, I haven't tested it yet...)

Tricky-Loops wrote:(But don't ask me how it compares to DUNE 2, I haven't tested it yet...)
I think a better comparison could be Wusik 8000

Numanoid wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:(But don't ask me how it compares to DUNE 2, I haven't tested it yet...)
I think a better comparison could be Wusik 8000
...well, let's wait for Wusik 16000... :P

Just upgraded both Mux & Mulab... a lot to check out still :)

Mulab 6 being for Windows and OSX , the Mac version of MUX 6 is probably scheduled for a very next week since Mulab 6 includes MUX 6 (exactly the same as the product MUX alone, the only difference being that in Mulab it is an internal feature while sold alone it is a VST plugin for any other DAW). So... it is probably a question of time to port it to AU.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Two things which are really nice with MUX (and the MUX feature of Mulab) is that:
  • you can wrap other VSTs in it
  • you can make your own GUI (very simple for the moment, new widgets will be added in the future) based on the features provided by the VST's by their public MIDI CC. I use very often this possibility to merge in a common control panel a little bunch of features coming from several VSTs et the same time. For example to make a simplified GUI using only a few knobs from one or two synths and one or two effects so that I have not to juggle with several complex GUI's to make a song or a track (each one of these VST plugins having 80% of their knobs that I'll not use for that song of that track).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:Mulab 6 being for Windows and OSX , the Mac version of MUX 6 is probably scheduled for a very next week since Mulab 6 includes MUX 6 (exactly the same as the product MUX alone, the only difference being that in Mulab it is an internal feature while sold alone it is a VST plugin for any other DAW). So... it is probably a question of time to port it to AU.
You would think so but MuLab has been available on Mac for years but not Mux, I asked about a Mac version when it first came out (2-3 years ago) and it was being 'worked on' then and still seems to be. I don't know what the obstacles are. I don't even care if there isn't an AU version, most of my hosts support VST just fine, I can wait for AU.

i bought the upgrade a few days ago, absolutely loving the new multiform oscillator

MUX is fantastic.

Judging from what other developers are saying, developing stuff for Mac must be a real pita because of the changes that occur with every new version of that OS. Windows seems to be much more consistent over time, making it much easier to maintain software.

Windows is a business OS so MS is always trying to have strong compatibility between version and long time support. It's clear Apple doesn't really care about that.

I don't use MUX anymore, Maschine got the midi feature. And I didn't upgrade it because of the no-resale-policy. :p

TheKid wrote:I don't use MUX anymore, Maschine got the midi feature. And I didn't upgrade it because of the no-resale-policy. :p
About the resale policy, it is simple to understand: Maschine and MUX have not at all the same price nor the same kind of protection. For Maschine it is a management by an Internet tool (the Service Center) which assures that a same license is not used by several users... while for MUX it is simply a serial number without no check at all, then how Mulab could verify that only ONE user uses the same serial number? Think of it and you'll understand why it is evident that Mulab prefers with very good reasons to have a no-resale policy.

And the differences of prices... it is even not useful to mention it.

Return to “Instruments”