Try near-zero Latency on Android at NAMM 2015!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Breaking news: Zero Latency on Android shown at NAMM 2015!

IK to show the universal solution for real time audio processing on Android 4.0 or later
Having pioneered low-latency digital audio interfacing and processing on select Android Samsung Professional Audio devices with iRig HD-A, AmpliTube, iRig MIC HD-A and EZ Voice, IK Multimedia will present a breakthrough universal solution that provides near zero latency and real-time audio processing on a wide assortment of Android devices (running Android 4.0 or higher and compatible with USB host mode/OTG mode) at NAMM 2015.

Despite representing over 80% market share of mobile devices in circulation, Android smartphones and tablets have not established themselves as a reliable music creation platform. This is due to factors like the OS’s performance, which is not suitable for real-time processing, and the fragmentation of the platform across dozens of manufacturers and carriers.

Even with the addition of standard USB Audio I/O in the recent release of Android 5.0, the platform still lacks the ability to perform rock solid real time ultra low latency audio processing.

IK Multimedia has solved this problem with a paradigm shift of a universal solution that delivers astonishing near zero latency performance (down to 2 ms round-trip total latency) on every Android device running Android 4.0 or higher and that supports USB host mode/OTG mode independently from the device manufacturer.

This solution will be made available to the hundreds of millions of devices in circulation from manufacturers like Samsung, Google, Motorola, LG, HTC, Xiaomi and more. Finally, the capability for using the Android platform for serious music making and performance has arrived.

Try it for yourself and visit IK Booth #6520 at the 2015 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California during January 22-25, or visit our site and social channels for more information released during the show.

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Ah, so this is unique to IK?
I was wondering why there was not a lot of other apps showing up.
Is IK going to license this to other app makers?
Audio bridge and MIDI to/from other apps also in the works?
This could be revolutionary.

I'm sure this is hardware. A black box that acts as a USB host (and not as a client, as most USB connected devices are).
But you need an OTG USB cable. Included, of course.
raintalk wrote:Ah, so this is unique to IK?
I was wondering why there was not a lot of other apps showing up.
Is IK going to license this to other app makers?
Audio bridge and MIDI to/from other apps also in the works?
This could be revolutionary.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Very interesting. Perhaps a year or two too late, but interesting nonetheless...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

So what's this all about, will it be as good as IoS? Will it make Android viable platform for serious music making worldwide and trump on iOS? What do you think guys?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

People don't seem to be really enthusiastic ...

penguinfromdeep wrote:People don't seem to be really enthusiastic ...

It's IKM, and Android. So...

We have plenty of interest from those in the industry that are excited to see it at NAMM - of course we've spoken directly with industry folks and companies who are VERY enthusiastic based on our record of being a top iOS mobile app and accessory manufacturer from the very beginning. Having a non-fan here claim part of it it has to do with "being IKM" is expected and not a huge deal.

If it is hardware, you'll see it in the best and biggest retailers and supported by other innovators on the Android platform (similar to our very close relationship with Samsung, a small company you may have heard of, working with the Samsung Pro Audio SDK and having input on it directly along with very few others in this space as well as how our iOS apps and accessories are frequently featured in international ad campaigns run by Apple themselves) and if an SDK or similar and in general, whether you like it or not IK will be a force to be reckoned with on Android as on iOS.

We will continue our 17+ year track record of innovation and being in another music market from and as a critical part of the beginning of its boom and plan to continue this path for many many more years. I hope to continue to see both fans and detractors continue to show such rabid interest and bring more attention to this as usual and it is appreciated as always.

Edit to add that since it is now a new year, IK thanks the many that continued their enthusiasm with our mobile products and made it another great year which allows us to continue to bring new and exciting products to them so they can make great music and get a large group of fans themselves, and get great satisfaction from moving their art forward.

Ppl have computers already with big screens...

Kriminal wrote:

Ppl have computers already with big screens...
What great insight in a mobile music community.
Thank you for your input.

You're welcome.

BMoore wrote:

It's IKM, and Android. So...
I find that a bit strange since there were multiple threads for people begging / asking / praying for lower latencies and better audio for Android here (I might remember wrong though). In KVR I find people prefer more Androids than IOS. Now when solution comes nobody seems to care? I don't know ... Or maybe already Android people bought iPads?

Exciting news! Finally something decent for Android.

Keeup up the good work IKM :love:

Now there's some excitement :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”