Share your Metasynth-made sound Samples & Loops!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MetaSynth

This thread is mostly for people who are willing to share their metasynth creations freely, so don't post your samples in here if you don't want to share your sounds.

The goal of this thread is to share the loops that metasynth users created in the rooms rather than full blown pieces of work. It's for non-metasynth and metasynth users alike! One of my biggest goals in this, is to try and attract more people to Metasynth!

Please limit your uploads to stuff that was ONLY made in Metasynth and exported from Metasynth.

Also please don't share copyrighted works that you ran through the image filter or something!

Try to keep all of the stuff you share 100% original, meaning you made it with the ImageSynth or recorded the sample yourself and altered it in with the other tools in Metasynth. I'd rather not have the thread shut down because someone decided to upload a chopped up Kanye West vocal that was ran through metasynth. :hihi:

All of my metasynth made samples are going in here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8cen60ed9s2 ... JXxua?dl=0
I may make a Soundcloud Group just for this stuff, but that depends on how well this idea takes off.

All of MY stuff that I upload to this thread is completely FREE to use in your own stuff with a few exceptions. . .
One thing I would not like is for people to download this stuff and then package it up and sell it in a sample library of your own as I think that's kind of messed up. I've heard of this happening, and well I would just appreciate that you don't do that. Sure If you made these sounds yourself then of course you could do that with the originals! However since I'm giving the sounds i make in this thread away freely I don't want people doing that.

Another thing I think would be neat to see is if people slice up the sounds I make and then save them in Kontakt formats, or Geist kits etc and the share them on here.

Also If you use my original sounds and make a commercial track, then that's fine and you don't even have to say where you got the sounds from unless you feel like it! I know some people want some credit, but I'll leave that up to you.

If you decide to share your own Metasynth made sample stuff in this thread, then please put the BPM information and root note in the name for others. That way it's easy to stay organized for others who download it and use it their own stuff. You should also state how you want your stuff used. For instance you might give it away freely but not want anyone to use it commercially. I'll leave you to work that out in your own posts in this thread as you share your sounds.

Ok now that's all out of the way, have fun!

If you make some tracks with the sounds you find in this thread, then please share them in this thread so people can hear them :)

Cheers everyone! I'll be updating this thread as I make more stuff! Also if you can think of how I can improve this thread lemme know! I will do my best :)
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

Great idea! Some nice loops, there!

Great idea...I will dig up some to submit.

Hi guys this is a great idea, at the moment I'm just getting used to Metasynth/Xx the lack of undo is a real pain, guess saving every operation is the answer, BTW V0RT3X thanks for posting, but at the moment the Dropbox link is down, also has anybody used Photosounder, it's on offer at PluginBoutique, was thinking of picking it up to use in conjunction with Metasynth. If you really want to encourage people to 'get into' Meta, more tutorials IMHO would also be a good idea, because Meta is one vast beast.

knewspeak, when you mention that you'd like more MetaSynth tutorials are you speaking of print and video or just video tutorials? If you haven't checked out the print tutorials, the take you pretty far into the beast.

espiegel123 wrote:knewspeak, when you mention that you'd like more MetaSynth tutorials are you speaking of print and video or just video tutorials? If you haven't checked out the print tutorials, the take you pretty far into the beast.
Thanks for your reply, yes I've just started working through the tutorials and example files, I know of the other post with a few video tutorials, which I'll be checking later, but what I really was hoping for was maybe a few tutorials, video or print, showing what can be created in Meta/Xx, maybe using other software as well, as V0RT3X suggested. I hope to use what I create as loops or samples in my DAW, sampler etc., maybe to then re-synth this back into Meta. But I would love to see how others use Meta with other gear or solo.

Many people go back and forth between MetaSynth and their DAW. At this point, probably most people do -- using MetaSynth for processing and also creating elements. In one of the video tutorials, you'll notice the Montage Room being used to composite some sounds. Even if I am working in another DAW, I often will use the Montage Room to create layered sounds that I export.

Quite a few people set MetaSynth to be their audio editing app in their DAW's preferences to facilitate getting sounds into MetaSynth.

I'd love to be able to create more video tutorials.

This track (most of the EP as well, especially the sound design on "Fluid Metals") has been made with CosmosfSaturn and Metasynth 5.4 exclusively:

https://soundcloud.com/re-elle/05-polya ... ry-free-dl

Free download:)

Great work! I am really enjoying these tracks!

Best,
Edward

Yanntek wrote:This track (most of the EP as well, especially the sound design on "Fluid Metals") has been made with CosmosfSaturn and Metasynth 5.4 exclusively:

https://soundcloud.com/re-elle/05-polya ... ry-free-dl

Free download:)
:tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p37y7602x95p ... Eq-9a?dl=0

I’d like to share the entire folder but it is too big for my dropbox, anyway here a smaller version of a « subsaharian ethnotronics » collection of Apple loops, primarily created with the Spectrum Synth Room of Metasynth

25 subfolders that are corresponding to a same snapshot (so to say) from higher to lower in rendering process, so they’re synchronized

All in 12/8 complex signature

Another collection primarily made within the Image Synth Room will follow shortly (...still uploading while typing this !)

here I go...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tp0jefztvq7 ... iiAsa?dl=0

these ones in the contrary are based of harmony and scales without any rhythmic references, also in Apple loops format

Every folder are corresponding to a same Image, samples (+ other small adjustments) are varying, most of them tuned, but a few aren't

Anyone interested in sharing sounds in the largest MetaSynth community make sure to visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MetaSynth as it is now 660 people strong. We've also released a free "customer pack" for ArtMatic users and would love to do that same with MetaSynth. Lastly, if you do want to create MetaSynth expansion packs for sale, just email us at Support@UIsoftware.com Thank you for supporting the app.

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:35 am This thread is mostly for people who are willing to share their metasynth creations freely, so don't post your samples in here if you don't want to share your sounds.

The goal of this thread is to share the loops that metasynth users created in the rooms rather than full blown pieces of work. It's for non-metasynth and metasynth users alike! One of my biggest goals in this, is to try and attract more people to Metasynth!

Please limit your uploads to stuff that was ONLY made in Metasynth and exported from Metasynth.

Also please don't share copyrighted works that you ran through the image filter or something!

Try to keep all of the stuff you share 100% original, meaning you made it with the ImageSynth or recorded the sample yourself and altered it in with the other tools in Metasynth. I'd rather not have the thread shut down because someone decided to upload a chopped up Kanye West vocal that was ran through metasynth. :hihi:

All of my metasynth made samples are going in here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8cen60ed9s2 ... JXxua?dl=0
I may make a Soundcloud Group just for this stuff, but that depends on how well this idea takes off.

All of MY stuff that I upload to this thread is completely FREE to use in your own stuff with a few exceptions. . .
One thing I would not like is for people to download this stuff and then package it up and sell it in a sample library of your own as I think that's kind of messed up. I've heard of this happening, and well I would just appreciate that you don't do that. Sure If you made these sounds yourself then of course you could do that with the originals! However since I'm giving the sounds i make in this thread away freely I don't want people doing that.

Another thing I think would be neat to see is if people slice up the sounds I make and then save them in Kontakt formats, or Geist kits etc and the share them on here.

Also If you use my original sounds and make a commercial track, then that's fine and you don't even have to say where you got the sounds from unless you feel like it! I know some people want some credit, but I'll leave that up to you.

If you decide to share your own Metasynth made sample stuff in this thread, then please put the BPM information and root note in the name for others. That way it's easy to stay organized for others who download it and use it their own stuff. You should also state how you want your stuff used. For instance you might give it away freely but not want anyone to use it commercially. I'll leave you to work that out in your own posts in this thread as you share your sounds.

Ok now that's all out of the way, have fun!

If you make some tracks with the sounds you find in this thread, then please share them in this thread so people can hear them :)

Cheers everyone! I'll be updating this thread as I make more stuff! Also if you can think of how I can improve this thread lemme know! I will do my best :)
VORT3X, any chance you'd share your files with the community again? Several of us are working to collect everything related to MetaSynth over the years and restart sharing. Most of the activity is happening in the Facebook User group - steps for migrating files, etc. Thanks!

I've been exploring migrating projects from older versions of MetaSynth (4, 5.3/5.5, 6.0) and Xx (5.3) for "Mac OS X" 10.5 to 10.14 to CTX 1.0. Turns out it is fairly simple.

For an Xx sequence, open an .xx (file) and save it in 5.3/5. This converts it to a .xxfl (inside a .xx package folder). Then open it in CTX1 and save as a .xxct (inside a .xx package folder).
For MS Instruments, if v4 open in v5 and save "instrument and samples" into a folder, then open in CTX1 and Option+Save to a .samm file, etc.

For MS Image Synth Presets, import a v4 preset into a new v5.3 project, then CTX1 can open that project's .preset file fine. The tricky bit is the import tool (launched from Image Synth menu) will load a selected .preset file (floppy icon), but then you must select each preset in the file one by one (grid picklist icon). Rinse and repeat.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”