Psytrance/full-on track made with Dune2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/t ... ptic-cleft

Everything is Dune2 except for drums and some speech and fx samples. Some sort of melodic pop full-on (melodies start at the second half of the track).
Last edited by recursive one on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Everything is Dune2 except for some speech
:roll: Cheat.

:D

Other than that, superb man!!!! :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:D

Thank you!

I really enjoyed this!

I have a feeling that Dune 2 will be the top choice for Psy-trance producers in 2015. I was actually trying to convince myself I'm happy with what I have already, but this track makes we want to own Dune2 now. I don't really produce Psy-trance but I did want to learn for fun, because it's a fun genre and well i just love the sounds from it.

What sort of other tools did you use?
:borg:

Really smooth proggy goa sound you got going here. Very tasty. Pretty amazing it's all one synth. Enjoyed the listen. I might have to check out Dune2!

Ringing kicks haunt me too :x .

Overall it's a nice track, very different from anything I got from Dune 2 so far.
Lots of cool effects playing all the time + melodies. Still could be a bit smoother and tighter, though it's not bad at all.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Thank for your feedback, guys, much appreciated! :)

Indeed, mixing has some flaws, today I hear them. :oops: Will have to make some ajustemnts later with fresh ears.
V0RT3X wrote:What sort of other tools did you use?
Saturation on each track, mostly very subtle. I used Studio One's Saturation Knob and also Klanghelm SDRR - this one also helps improve transients where needed. Valhalla Vintage Verb as a global send effect (Dune's reverb is very good, but using external send reverb saves CPU and makes the track more coherent). Sigmund for complex delays on a couple tracks, some compression here and there. Actually no external processing was used that would noticeably change the sound of the synth. Distortions, phasers, most of the delays - all from Dune.

To be honest, I don't like the part starting at 5:00 (it's a bit like bridge) this doesn't fits IMO with the rest, it sounds a bit too different not like psytrance/full-on.
Anyway, great work with a lot of different and interesting elements. How many tracks have you used?

4damind, thank you for your comments!

I have my own vision of an ideal psytrance track as starting with dark twisted elements and then progressing into an euphoric melody. However, this is the second finished psytrance song I've made and for the second time I'm told that the melodic climax doesn't fit the rest of the track :?

I've used about 40+ synth instances, had to bounce most of them to save CPU and also did lot of resampling. Maybe about 60 mixer tracks.

another nice track recursive one :tu:

it seems you really have the psy format down, though i wouldnt call it full on...but thats just me nit picking.

im going to have to agree with some others...i didnt really like that bit from 5:00 to 6:00...and if i were on the floor it would have taken me right out. a whole minute is a long time to ask people to bop around to an off beat after 5 mins of stomping around...especially if youre going to have them start stomping around again. of course thats just my personal opinion, its your track and you should absolutely leave it the way you want it. from 6:00 on again though i was digging it.

once again...you have some nice sounds in here. this time around its not as clean sounding on my system...some of the low end got a little muddy for me...but it wasnt overly so.

im way more a darkpsy kind of guy so this style isnt really my cup o' tea, but i appreciate the work involved...and i still do enjoy listening to it from time to time. if was already on the floor when this came on...id stay (well until that break anyway :P ).

over all a good track. thats 2 in a row. my only other comment would be, and please be aware this is meant in a completely supportive way...you can make these tracks...you have the format down, you know what the sounds sound like...you got all that...but id sure like to hear what you do when you break away from the formula. these past 2 tracks to me have come across a little "generic psytance song 1" and "generic psytrance song 2"...theyre good, but good like the tracks played at 10pm when everyone is walking in...not at 2:30am when the place is slamming. i think you can probably make that 2:30 am pumping psy track everyone is going nuts for.

i could be way off the mark...and forgive me if i am...i just feel like id like to hear a recursion loop psytrance track...and not a psytrance track recursion loop made, if that distinction makes sense to you.

:edit because i used your forum name instead of artist name :dog: :
ImageImageImage

cool track. and makes me want to upgrade my Dune to Dune 2. I will add that to the long list of upgrades I have at the moment haha.

I have to agree about wanting to see you find out what Recursion Loop sounds like. Not that I don't like this I do. I even like the break but then I am not trying to dance to it either :) So I understand the point above but as a track itself listening to it I like it. And the turn towards more euphoric stuff at the end.

I am going to advise now that instead of trying to go by the numbers..compose the track the way you want it..no genre specification, let the listener do that :) Just make the track you want to make and see what falls out :) But then I am old and feel like we have pigeon holed music way to much these days. Everything must have a specific genre....bah! :) you kids stay off my lawn(I am 45 :) ) haha.

Ayway cool track. listening to some of the other stuff on your soundcloud now.

Great track!!! I liked it... All of it...

Matt

shadoe42 wrote:
I am going to advise now that instead of trying to go by the numbers..compose the track the way you want it..no genre specification, let the listener do that :) Just make the track you want to make and see what falls out :) But then I am old and feel like we have pigeon holed music way to much these days. Everything must have a specific genre....bah! :) you kids stay off my lawn(I am 45 :) ) haha.
hehe, im also 45. an emerging pattern perhaps, but i completely agree.
ImageImageImage

Hi, chaosWyrM!

To learn how to make a "generic psytrance song" was my main goal so far, I'm kinda "learn the rules before you break them" guy. Now it's time to move on :wink: Still I'm not very into darkpsy or overly bangig high octane stuff, my inspiration mainly comes from high bpm melodic psytrance - Digicult, Ephedrix, U-Reken and like that or slower proggy trance like Krama or Phaxe. I think, my music will evolve loosely along these lines.

I noted your comments about muddy low end and too long and disconnected breakdown, I'll do some tweaks later, unlike the first one this song was made as a rush in several short sessions, apparently it needs more critical listening to get finished.

Seems that you know a thing or two about psychedelic music :wink: so your opinion is very important for me. Thank you for your comments and your interest in my works :)

Shadoe42, emtear, thank you for listening and giving your feedback! If I only knew what Recursion Loop sounds like :wink: So far I'm just messing around DAWs and plugins trying to make something to please myself, I happen to like psytrance and that's why this song sounds like one.

I've uploaded a new version of the track with somehow improved mixing and shorter breakdown (If someone is interested :) ).

Return to “Music Cafe”