New Version Added! - Limiter6 Skin-2 - Modern BiColor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Based on the first one, but partially refined and very different in appearance.

EDIT: Variant-1 pulled since some of the knob scale indicators werent correct.

Variant-2

Download now directly from KVR.

Instructions on how to install the skin are in the archive.

Note: Since the skin is now provided as a Images.res, Mac users are out of luck. (Didnt think of that until i edited this post.) However, i suppose i could provide a package specially made for Mac users if there is (still) any need.

click for fullsize
Last edited by ENV1 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thanks ENV1 but... Can't you upload the dll? It's so difficult to Me follow the instructions because English not my first language..! :(

Thanks

NB On Mac the images all need bmp00 adding to the beginning of the image name

Turello wrote:Thanks ENV1 but... Can't you upload the dll?
I wish i could help, but since the DLL is not my property i cant do that.

Unless Vlad decides to provide a DLL with the images already installed (he did that for the first skin), im afraid you can only ask a friend to do it for you.

Sorry i cant help in this case, im sure you understand.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks

NB On Mac the images all need bmp00 adding to the beginning of the image name
Ah...right...the Mac guys. :)

Totally forgot, will make a note in the OP.

Thanks for reminding me.

how do you edit on mac?
the program you link is windows afaicansee
sorry if that's dumb

dave

Wow! This looks really nice :) Wish someone would make a nice one for Molot tho, all the good ones so far are for limiter no. 6 :/

dave dove wrote:how do you edit on mac?
the program you link is windows afaicansee
As far as i understand Macs, there is always a directory that is holding an applications graphical resources. This means unlike on Windows you do not need a special program to swap images, you can do it by hand directly via your filebrowser. The only thing you have to do first is adding 'bmp00' (without the apostrophes) to the beginning of each images filename. This prefix is required apparently even if the images are not actually in .bmp format.

In case you need a precise step-by-step (which i cant give you) you could ask aMUSEd for advice. He already went through the procedure so he can tell you exactly what you have to do. From what i gather it shouldnt be too complex.

kuzami wrote:Wish someone would make a nice one for Molot tho, all the good ones so far are for limiter no. 6 :/
I actually meant to when i made the first skin for L6. But there was something about Molot that made it either impossible or pointless, so i had to drop the idea. The details should be in the thread for that skin.

Thank you, it looks gorgeous !

Thanks heaps!
...yeah Mac users need to add "bmp00" to the start of each image name, right click on your LimiterNo.6.vst and show contents, they're in the resources folder...

This looks amazing. Thank you very much for sharing.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Glad you all like it. :)

For those who dont like silver metal: I will probably make a Variant-2 of this which will use a white background instead. What i have in mind is kind of a high-quality plastic or ivory look without any sharp reflections. Should be nice too if it comes out right. I also noticed that some of the scale indicators dont match 100% with the knob position, so thats another thing i intend to address.

BTW, if you could choose a second color variant (meters, knob indicators, etc.) what would you choose?

I'd love to have a more militaristic look, just like the original, greenish/rusty, molot design.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

WOW!
Now it looks absolutly beautiful!!!!
Fantastic job!
Thnx!

I followed your instructions :tu: , and im NOT a computer scientist, but now i feel like im computer magician. :D

Explorer Suite makes it easy. :)

@All: Screenshot of Variant-2 attached.

Differences:

- Whitish uni-color background without reflections

- Anti-aliased knob label font

- All knob scales have the same number of indicators

- All knob scale indicator numbers redone

Will post an updated archive with the new BG added tomorrow.

<outdated screenshot removed>
Last edited by ENV1 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”