Roland JD-XA!!! Namm 2015

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... -woah.html

Wow!

Sorry, don't know, how to post only the pictures...

Keyboards that look like that can lure me back to hardware :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As others have mentioned beforte at GS, my first impression is it looks rather evil. It has 4 analog voices. It's little brother JD-Xi costs £399.00 and has 1 analog voice/128 polyphony only. My first concern is if I can turn the leds off or not. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. It could be heaven, it could be hell.

It sounds pretty good and I do like the fact its a hybrid. Always liked 80s synths for that reason. :)
Last edited by bludreamsounds on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

She Changed Her Mind wrote: My first concern is if I can turn the leds off or not.
Maybe some of the red isn't really illuminated. My fa is shiny plastic black with flourescent red-orange plastic hilites around controls. If I take a good bright picture, it might look all lit up, but it is not.

OK Roland. I'm talking about the JD-XA, not the smaller one... You have my attention.

I have hoped hybrid synths would take off in a big way, and I personally find the exterior to be absolutely evilly sexy.

Now let's hear it! And dammit somebody in the middle of nowhere (where I live) get one so I can demo it...

Is it just me or is there actually no JD-XA? The only thing I see is a box with leds and knobs all over it. It is not even attached to any wire in the promo, so obviously this is a joke: no sound. But it is surrounded by 'guards'. Is it a museum piece already or some? Never heard anything like it :D
Now.. wait a minute.. this is the 'design' beta! And it seems they are not Japanese because then they'd had already committed seppuku by now. Dear oh dear..
Last edited by She Changed Her Mind on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's going to be officially announced at Musikmesse- it's only at NAMM as a tease.
Isn't having only 4 Supernatural voices kind of stingy?

@What sense does it make to wait until the weekend how it does sound or even later? None, actually; I find it rather stupid to be 'teased' this way :wink:

Meeeeeh.

Some good pics at that "other" board.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10744340-post164.html

My eyeballs just barfed.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”