Weird Schizophrenia Song (real guitar record)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
240 posts since 9 Dec, 2013

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:39 am

Hi everyone
This song might be really difficult to listen to or to be criticized. There is only one melody + one submelody made out of real guitar sample with additional effects on it. On one hand I am making fun of metal by modulating the distortion, on the other hand I am trying to keep the flow as crazy as possible. Enjoy!
With Regards BrainClaim

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/schizophraenia

KVRAF
2035 posts since 19 Jun, 2011 from a world of Black Thunder chocs

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 am

Very interesting sounds and textures BrainClaim - and an enjoyable listen.

Bad pun aside, I'm in two minds about the choice of song name Schizophr(a)enia because on the one hand a) it does sound Sid Barrett inspired and moreover people can call their songs anything they wish.
On the other hand b) the term schizophrenia seems to be a tag easily attached nowadays for effect to anything that just seems a bit 'wacky' or irregular, rather than something that truly sees the artist lose their own self-control, be plunged into a fog of confusion and identity loss, and be directed by (apparent) outside forces.

I say this having suffered schizophrenia for a few years (though I am thankfully much better after being wonderfully guided into a more peaceful mindset).
Maybe you have had this condition (or, more correctly, one of the conditions collected within the plural noun schizophrenia) too?
Out of curiosity, how much control of this song did you lose during its creation?
Did the sounds exist as a controlling entity separate to yourself? (maybe they did).

Cheers.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:56 am

First of all, thanks for your feedback! I called the song not knowing any inspirations and yes, it may be called like that just because of its irregularity. However, in the song I am trying to describe one complicated day of the person whose mind is trembling. The song itself is not made by Schizophrenic but it is telling a story about one in some way.

I haven't suffered this illness but I have met few friends who were suffering from this and I heard their stories. So in the end, this song is only describing psychology of the Schizophrenic.

With Regards BrainClaim

KVRAF
4644 posts since 1 Aug, 2005 from Warszawa, Poland

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:17 pm

This is fun, hard to criticize indeed... Appears as happy pop noise to me, not quite schizophrenic, maybe the euphoria phase... Stock, Hausen and Walkman comes into my brainframe...

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate that! This is in fact first song of this calibre

Return to “Music Cafe”