AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Sorry it seems issue in demo restriction. At product page it specified as "silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.", silence ok, but it seems after couple such cycles (about 3 minute) plugin stops sounding permanently, frankly i never complained about demo restrictions, but just tired to reload plugin lol.

(Still can't decide to grab Frostbite, but noticed new update about new grain freeze mode in v2.2, need check what is)

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:47 am Sorry it seems issue in demo restriction. At product page it specified as "silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds, saving disabled.", silence ok, but it seems after couple such cycles (about 3 minute) plugin stops sounding permanently, frankly i never complained about demo restrictions, but just tired to reload plugin lol.

(Still can't decide to grab Frostbite, but noticed new update about new grain freeze mode in v2.2, need check what is)
That shouldn't happen of course, can you give me more details about your system? OS, what format, which host? You can also contact us here: https://www.audiothing.net/contact/
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

@audiothing Yes sorry i forgot to say - Win10 \ VST2 (64bit) here. Host Studio One v4 (not v5 though, but i think it shouldn't be problem). Frostbite v2.2.0 (build 2112)
Upd: i did check again, yes, for reproduce just try demo for say 4 minutes (after about 3 its become muted).

Ok got it, found an issue in the demo (it doesn't affect registered products). I'll fix and prepare a new build asap. I'll let you know!

Is there a changelog for the 2.2 update?

Havok wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:50 pm Is there a changelog for the 2.2 update?
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/audiothin ... v2-2-52927

Ok updated the build (2115) fixing the demo issue.

Changelog for v2.2:
- Added: New Freeze Mode: Granular
- Added: macOS 11 Big Sur support (Universal 2 Binary)
- Added: 5 new presets
- Added: Internal support for left-hand mouse users
- Added: Light and Dark UI mode
- Added: Option to enable Accelerated GUI
- Improved: GUI rendering
- Fixed: Ableton Live 10 crashing when loading a project with VST3 and Spectral mode enabled
- Fixed: Global Settings and Parameter locks not recalling properly when loading saved projects

Thanks, was searching all over the Audiothing site but couldn't see it

audiothing wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:56 am Ok updated the build (2115) fixing the demo issue.
Thanks good.

Tried better, there is one thing (perhaps request) about freeze module.
As i see, freezing itself here implemented by way of increasing tail (Fade knob) at maximum value. Uncommon approach a bit, and this is interesting in some sense though (as some original solution), but..it seems would be more interesting to have ability to freeze incoming signal at >any< of Fade position, which would significantly expanded palette of frozen textures. Including short "prints" (short-middle Fade position) that would largely preserve the body of the incoming signal.
While, the maximum position (the possibility of freezing only in this mode) - for the most part, can say - equate (repeat) the result between modes, in the form near to just a large reverb effect, ie regardless - spectral it nature or convolution.
Which is a pity, since we can't enjoy by the difference between frozen engines to the full extent.

Just an opinion, please do not take this as an indication of "how to do it right" lol. Just would like to make fuller use features that are already implemented in this good plugin. (Btw pretty liked RingMod\Feedback sections, how it works with modulation).

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what you mean yeah, I'm not sure it will be possible the way Frostbite is currently "wired". I need to think about it.

@audiothing Ok i understand too (and thank you for good responsible support, today it's valuable thing).

Here's a NKS conversion for Frostbite 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urkx9fq3hmwsb ... S.zip?dl=0

Return to “Effects”