Waldorf Edition 2: Presets for different Plugin Formats (VST2, VST3, AAX and also Bitwig Studio)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Hi,

this topic was alraedy discussed in other Waldorf related threads but it gets easily lost in other discussions.

Actually i had already started this a while ago during the 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates for teh Walodrf Edition version 1.7.4.

As you maybe know both the Waldorf Edition 2 and the previous version 1.7.4 is delivered with Presets in the fxb and/or fxp format. At windows those are usually found at C:\ProgramData\Walodrf and at OSX at /Library/Audio/Presets/Waldorf/

Since version 1.7.4 it is possible to import those into the VST3, AAX and also VST2 Plugins by drag & drop from the file browser (e.g. Windows Explorer). For this at the EXE file or desktop link of the host the administrator rights have to vbe deactivated (e.g. at windows with right-click, preferences, comatinility and removing the corresponding tickmark).

This way i had imported all Waldorf Edition factory presets into the VST3, AAX and also with the VST2 at Bitwig Studio (which so far does not seem to allow loading fxp/fxb directly in the host) and re-saved them in the coresponding preset formats of the hosts (e.g. Cubase, Pro Tools and Bitwig Studio).

Here is the download for the current version of the Waldorf Edition 2 factory Presets in different formats:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %20AAX.zip

For the Attack plugin there are two different folders for using 2 audio outputs or only 1 Output.
The Attack presets were re-saved in version 2.
Many of the old fxp files used 2 Outputs or more. I fixed them to use only 2 Outputs as more are not necessary. For those who want all Attack Kit to use only 1 Audio output the other folder should be used. Some of the instruments in those Kits could sound differently to those that use 2 Outputs so i would recommend using the presets with 2 Audio outputs (this has to be activated/created in your host then).
While Version 1.7.4 (and earlier) was able to use two different Delays (there was only a Delay effect) and each with their own output in Waldorf Edition 2 each of the 6 Ouputs could use a different effect (including the new ones) or the same effect with 6 different settings.

Here are details about the installation paths of the VST3, AAX and Bitwig presets in Windows:

VST3 Presets (*.vstpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\PPG Wave 2_V

AAX Presets (*.tfx files) for Pro Tools 11 are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Attack
C:\Users*\Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\PPG Wave 2.V

Bitwig Studio does not directly support loading/saving fxb/fxp for VST2 plugins.
In Windows the locations for Bitwig Studio Presets (*.bwpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\PPG Wave 2.V

What i still need is the same paths on OSX. It would be nice if someone could post those in this thread. :)

Those Presets in different format in the near future are hopefully also available as an official Download at Waldorf and in parts also with the Installer (at least the VST3 Presets).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Download for the Waldorf Edition v1.7.4 factory presets in different formats:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %20AAX.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Here is a new link with Init Banks for VST2 (fxb), VST3 (*.vstpreset), AAX (*.tfx) and also Bitwig Studio (*.bwpreset):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20Bank.zip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My free Bank for PPG Wave 2.V (+ 3.V) is compatible with Waldorf Edition 2 and also available in multiple formats (including VST3, AAX, Bitwig and also a bank for PPG 3.V with additional patches):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=418294

Best wishes,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

[Reserved for Updates and other stuff]
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

FWIW i just asked to move this to the Soundware forum. Seems to fit better there.

UPDATE:
Thread was moved now.
Ingo Weidner

We want to include those patches for VST3 and AAX with the next official updates for Waldorf Edition 2 (not with the first onethat is released soon...). Not sure if also teh Bitwig Studio presets will be included in the installer.

Anyway as alreacy mentioned in the OP i need the exact locations of the Presets at OSX like i mentioned here for Windows 7:
Ingonator wrote: Here are details about the installation paths of the VST3, AAX and Bitwig presets in Windows:

VST3 Presets (*.vstpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\VST3 Presets\Waldorf\PPG Wave 2_V

AAX Presets (*.tfx files) for Pro Tools 11 are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Attack
C:\Users*\Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\PPG Wave 2.V

Bitwig Studio does not directly support loading/saving fxb/fxp for VST2 plugins.
In Windows the locations for Bitwig Studio Presets (*.bwpreset files) are found at:
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\Attack
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\D-Pole
C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Library\Presets\PPG Wave 2.V

If those folders do not exist yet you could also create them by savin a preset in the corresponding hosts like e.g. cubase Pro 8 (VST3), Pro Tools 11 (AAX) or Bitwig Studio (VST2).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Is there an INIT Bank for PPG V2 ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

double post
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Teksonik wrote:Is there an INIT Bank for PPG V2 ? :)
There was one with my free bank but without the Bitwig format.

Here is a new link with Init Banks for VST2 (fxb), VST3 (*.vstpreset), AAX (*.tfx) and also Bitwig Studio (*.bwpreset):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20Bank.zip.

Bitwig Studio is VST2 but could not load/save fxp/fxb files. Anyway it could import those by drag & drop from e.g. the Windows Explorer.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oh i just noticed topic, and that 2.0.1 already release. Install it just now and try, all ok. Random in ppg it is something :D , I even was didn't think that 2v was capable of such sounds, very good Ingo, thanks.
EDIT
Oh and fx parameters in Attack is automatable now )

After several hours of use, i can say its brilliant work! (what not to say about latest 3V v1.0.5 release, but that's another topic.)

Thanx for the info. I have another question.
They changed the delays in the version 2 with the FX section.
Now the delay cc numbers were between cc12 and cc18 for the first delay and between cc72 and cc78 for the second. Now I use Attack with my BCR2000 and they reworked there manual but they forgot to change the midi implementation for the FX section.
Does someone know where it is located now? Midi channel and CC range ?

nr1killabee wrote:Thanx for the info. I have another question.
They changed the delays in the version 2 with the FX section.
Now the delay cc numbers were between cc12 and cc18 for the first delay and between cc72 and cc78 for the second. Now I use Attack with my BCR2000 and they reworked there manual but they forgot to change the midi implementation for the FX section.
Does someone know where it is located now? Midi channel and CC range ?
Hi,

i just added this to the bug database. Hopefully this will be done soon. Maybe i could get the correct values before an official update.

With the last official update the automation parameters for thenew Efects were updated/corrected but that's not the same as the CC values of course.

FWIW at the moment Waldorf is working on some updates for their hardware synths. Re-checking the software for possible fixes again will be done ASAP but could take a little time.
Updates for the Nave plugin (fixes and/or new features) are done by Rolf Wöhrmann from TempoRubato and he will continue with those of course.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thank you for that Ingo,
I tried that first but couldn´t find my waldorf edition key in my email and I needed that to register there.
I made a midi setup for the BCR2000. It has 24 presets, one for every drumsound and you can control every parameter from the BCR2000. The old delay was on channel 16 so i implemented that as well. But with the new gui I did a makeover of the template and noticed that they reworked their manual since 2.0.1 except for the last two pages with the midi listing. If anybody has any interest in the template, I can upload it.
The cool thing is that you only need the bcr sysex file and nothing else and it will work in any DAW because Waldorf implemented the midicontrols very well.

Back here with an update.
Waldorf updated their Edition2 and still didn't update the midi implementation in the manual.
Every output has now 7 effects and you can choose all parameters now in your DAW. You will have to set up something like generic remote in Cubase. There is also the option to enable/disable the FX for every output. Thank you Waldorf for fixing this. I guess implementing it in the code was too complicated, that is why they added the new parameters.

there needs to be an update history.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Soundware”