Kern VSTi Preview/Demo - v 1.0.2 RELEASED

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kern

Hi Folks,

here's a little preview/demo YouTube video of my new upcoming VST performance synthesizer Kern.
This plug-in is basically designed to work together with a MIDI controller keyboard (mine is the Novation Impulse).
It is extremely light on CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHBYqlRuNDE

Cheers, Björn
Last edited by Full Bucket on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bjorn, glad you posted this. I gotta say I am a big fan of your stuff. Scrooo is one of the most unique synths I've ever run into. I can get sounds out of it that simply can't be duplicated anywhere.

You rock!

Just had to say that.

Thanks man! :oops:

I'm thinking about making a tutorial video for the scrooo, too, since its' architecture is unfamiliar but straight forward and not that complicated... *cough, cough*

Cheers, Björn

Oh wow this looks very cool. Really looking forward to it!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

All your vst synths are kickass and really light on cpu, and love the frequency shifter too ;)
Looking forward this new one ! And thanks for sharing all those free!
Cheers

looks and sounds awesome, Bjorn! wowww what a year so far for us simple-cpu-efficient synth lovers
cant wait to try 'er out! woot! :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Looking forward to this one, you're VST's are mad tops, I like the Mono/Fury synth
but I can't wait until the Raganok MK.II with the saw, I'm dying to get this one
since all your VST Plugins are free, I'm happy with that and I hope you get this
one finished, it looks similar to the Novation Impulse Controller but I hope this
works with any controller with midi learn, I will be waiting until this is released.

Your controller sounds like a Hackbrett :roll: :hihi:

So, Kern is basically made for that specific controller, right? If I use another controller, I probably have to assign almost all controls from scratch, which I can also do with any other synth, though...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Your controller sounds like a Hackbrett :roll: :hihi:
That's because of the weird stand I was using during recording. I wish it really would sound like a Hackbrett, then at last I could perform "Lucifer"...
fluffy_little_something wrote:So, Kern is basically made for that specific controller, right?
No.
fluffy_little_something wrote:If I use another controller, I probably have to assign almost all controls from scratch,
Potentially.
fluffy_little_something wrote:which I can also do with any other synth, though...
Yes. Enjoy. :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

I think the concept is pretty valid. The 9 sliders + 8 rotary buttons layout is almost a standard in the controllers market. So, a synth designed to use strictly this number of parameters will give to the user a very comfortable and peaceful experience,without the angst of choose which parameter will be mapped to the controller, and which will be left alone. :lol:

Zero sliders, two knobs here :hihi:
I don't like to use the knobs because even when assigned to the right controls, as soon as I touch them, the corresponding controls get set to zero. They don't seem to know what value is currently set for that control on the user interface...
I suppose with endless knobs a kind of status-sensing would be nice.

Yes, this would be preferable but with the current MIDI standard definition we're doomed :(

Cheers, Björn

fluffy_little_something wrote:Zero sliders, two knobs here :hihi:
Yeah... My keyboard has only 4 knobs. :cry:

alvfaria wrote:
My keyboard has 9 sliders, 8 knobs and a whole bunch of buttons.

I use about 2. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:
alvfaria wrote:
My keyboard has 9 sliders, 8 knobs and a whole bunch of buttons.

I use about 2. :hihi:

same here, the pitch and mod wheels!

probably won't use the automation feature as i have not become famous enough to play live.......yet :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”