DUNE 2 WIP Bank by Ghost Dog

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Hey, everyone.

I started working on some vintage type patches for DUNE 2. A few of these need tweaking but even at this stage, I think they show potential.

The names show the inspiration behind the respective patches and the last two are for stress testing.

Hope you like it and tell me what you think. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A while ago I downloaded your presets and never got around to using them till tonight - they are GREAT! Excellent workhorse sounds with the perfect mix of character and power. :clap: Thanks!

Thanks, man!

I made some more in the meantime.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2825
Last edited by Ghost Dog on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again Ghost Dog, nice sounds! :tu:

Indeed. Thank you for these. The OB1 patch is particularly addictive.

High quality sounds! Thanks!

Thanks for the kind word, guys.

I updated the bank a bit, inspired by the new analog envelope (good stuff, the synth really needed it; I just wish they also stopped using the mickey mouse dials with integer values and started using ones with decimal places and also started expressing volumes in dB and filter cutoff in Hz etc).

The Juno patch is pretty nice I think, although probably not very true to the original Juno sound (it does sound rather good with TAL chorus and some reverb). The CS80 one is iffy at best (I'm still cutting my teeth on CS80 sounds; just can't get it right).

You can find the link in my second reply.

I enjoy this soundbank a lot and I do recommend it both for everyday use and for inspiration as well.
It just sounds great allround.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Thanks for the kind words.

A while ago, when The Legend came out, I created this patch as a recreation of one of Legend's patches.

Let me know what you think?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've micro manged the bank a bit recently. Added one or two patches, set the volume levels everywhere (it was awful, TBH, but the "0-100%" scale doesn't help either; dB would be so much nicer), deleted some duplicates and such.

For the past few days, I've been working on creating a really nice saw Waveform that would really fit DUNE's filters, so I came up with something.

I've used the following software:

-Graph, for visualizing the kind of shape I was after (definitely inspired by Moog's sawtooth);
-A little program I wrote, for exporting an array of int values to wav format;
-Sound Forge Audio Studio, for adjusting the DC offset (this still needs a bit of adjustment, TBH) and some other small tweaks

I'm pretty happy with the results, so I thought I'd share.

I wanted to upload it directly here, but seems I've reached the attachment quota, so, if you're interested, you can find it within the zip file that contains my patch bank (the file name is "_SawX (v0.8.1).wt").

Cheers!

I have sold my DUNE license, but, before I part ways with this synth (at least for the time being), I'd like to share some more WTs and patches I made a couple of months ago (you can find them under the "Banks & Patches" tab on DUNE 2's KVR page).

"Vintage saw" is my attempt at creating a nice Moog style oscillator for DUNE 2 and I guess "Pulse" is self explanatory (while the saw osc in DUNE is pretty nice, the Pulse one is .... sort of iffy, in my view, so it kinda makes sense to put some effort into creating an alternative one)

Both of these took quite a bit of time to make, but it's been a nice little adventure (I did a lot of research into wave shapes of different vintage synths, and I wrote some specialized software tools to help me create those 20148 sample wav files that turn into WTs).

I'm also sharing my modification of the original skin for DUNE 2.

Hope you like these.

Return to “Soundware”