FL Studio Mac Alpha Testing in July

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Hi,

Like many I began my journeys on Fruity Loops but through the rise of Apple I became an apple fanboy and it resulted in moving on from FL. I just read on the image-line forums that Alpha testing will begin sometime in July for FL Studio 12 on Mac.

Very excited to see this news coming from Image-line. I look forward to playing with FL Studio. Its so awesome that I havent used Fruity Loops in 4+ years and yet I still own a copy of FL 12 through the lifetime of free updates... crazy..
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Have they determined yet if the Mac license will be part of the lifetime upgrade licensing already paid for, or if it will require a new purchase?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Cool... I'm there.

I presume this will not be 64 bit?

yeah from what I understand they are starting with 32 bit and aiming at 64 in the future...

scott will hopefully chime in to clarify that.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

My understanding is that there's no chance 64 bit will come until (or unless) Delphi comes out in 64 bit for Mac.

aMUSEd wrote:My understanding is that there's no chance 64 bit will come until (or unless) Delphi comes out in 64 bit for Mac.
Why would they bother doing a 32 bit bit version of something these days? Is this a limiting factor for the instruments too? I bought Harmor on sale hoping they'd get it done soon and move it to 64 bit but I'm losing hope.

Apparently so, I feel the same way, I was really invested in Harmor coming to Mac (and Edison) but the 32 bit versions are too limiting and they don't even wrap well (except in Bitwig, that's the one saving grace).

aMUSEd wrote:My understanding is that there's no chance 64 bit will come until (or unless) Delphi comes out in 64 bit for Mac.
The dependency on Delphi is probably my only concern about FL, and I'm not sure it's entirely justified.

Delphi is a nice system. I've used it. But image-line doesn't use the Delphi APIs as far as I can tell. I'm not sure why they're not migrating from it. Their GUI is all custom code and GUI is the biggest issue with cross platform which is why a RAD like Delphi is even useful, right??

That Delphi has no 64-bit on Mac... Seems like the developers of Delphi haven't really clearly thought out the whole mission to expand their market to Mac very clearly. Who's the owner of Delphi these days???
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

• Logic Pro 10.8.1

Mivo wrote:
The dependency on Delphi is probably my only concern about FL, and I'm not sure it's entirely justified.
Of bigger concern in this business should be whether Apple is about to buy the company and shut it down or they are about to go bankrupt. Neither apply in our case.

The software either does what you want, on your OS of choice or doesn't. Make your decision on that basis alone. 17 years of FL Studio with Lifetime Free Updates and counting - seems a shame to miss that sort of deal because you are trying to second guess the future.

All I can say is that we are developing with the future in mind. We haven't let anyone down yet.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Hello!

Just ran the first alpha on my macbook and loved it! I got a crash within 15 minutes and I didn't even care because I had FL studio loaded with no cross over or anything!!!

Really excited for this testing to continue and to one day see this app pretty stable on OS X!!!
• Logic Pro 10.8.1

Are they using Delphi or freepascal?

Robert Randolph wrote:Are they using Delphi or freepascal?
Delphi.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”