Camel Audio Alchemy is gone forever. Now what?!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm It would be cool to also have resynthesis and some sort of morphing between presets. :)
The current Alchemy is impressive... the resynthesis is very good

I bought alchemy back in the day and still use it today on PC. It’s one of the few installers and keys I fear losing most. It’s such an awesome synth.

vata44 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:46 pm I bought alchemy back in the day and still use it today on PC. It’s one of the few installers and keys I fear losing most. It’s such an awesome synth.
I assume you’ve already done that, but if not, upload it to all your cloud services (Google, OneDrive, Dropbox) and a couple external drives :)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

vata44 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:46 pm I bought alchemy back in the day and still use it today on PC. It’s one of the few installers and keys I fear losing most. It’s such an awesome synth.
Well if Steinberg have their way you will, it's a VST2 plugin.

Unless you use a host that will always work with VST2.

I will lose Camelphat and Camelspace, which both still work fine. Not happy.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Steinberg, grrrr!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

..for third party plugins that haven’t been updated since years or even abandoned like Alchemy you better grrrr! the developer and not Steinberg. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

As Alchemy isn’t gone you need to switch to the century old rival of Steinberg. Get Logic…

you all realize this is a thread from 2015?

It came up again as Steinberg ditches VST2 support…

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm It came up again as Steinberg ditches VST2 support…
got it... yup... carry on :D

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:39 pm It came up again as Steinberg ditches VST2 support…
No it was necro'd on page 10 by a newbie in their first and only post....
ylhcsd wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:44 pm Is anyone happy to give/sell me the pre-2015 Alchemy factory soundbank?
I don't have much but I would be willing to pay something for it.
I never download when they told us to. When I try to load stuff I was really proud of it just sounds naff with Apple's version.If you can help I will be uber grateful.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm As Alchemy isn’t gone you need to switch to the century old rival of Steinberg. Get Logic…
I find the current iteration of Alchemy in Logic significantly better than the old Camel version (v1)

One would hope there have been significant improvements in 7 years.

Alchemy still works on Win 10 here and unlike the newbie I did back up all the installation files so if I time lock a machine and never update anything else it should keep working for the foreseeable future or until hardware failure.

But to be honest I never use it in projects these days as I tend not to trust abandoned software and I've got a ton of other synths that are still actively developed (on Windows).

It's still a great sounding synth and I'll call it up for a play once in awhile but if I lost Alchemy I wouldn't be too heartbroken. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The most popular video on my channel is an Omnisphere 2 video where I tell the story of how Camel Audio was once revered by us software synthesizer enthusiasts. While most of the content of the video isn't relevant to this thread, the first 2 minutes certainly is!

https://youtu.be/H0g6Zgx0TpI
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Hahaha. Nice video opening. A fruit company bought them?

I still use Alchemy quite a bit. I have several favorites, like Himalya's "1000 Oceans" several Luftrum pads, "Cryo Piano" from Artificial Intelligence, and a few from "Dream Voices" that I gravitate towards. Ian Boddy's "Analogica" gets very high praise from me. And other sounds I'm forgetting.

I've heard Alchemy still works under Windows 11, but I haven't upgraded yet as I'm not 100% positive if Native Instruments and Komplete Kontrol are fully compatible. I have backed up the files on multiple drives over the years, but someone mentioned saving to a cloud service which I should do.

Return to “Instruments”