Wayward Pharos EP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just digging through the attic that is my hard drive and found this EP from my old dark ambient project.
The EP was based on a short story that I never finished writing.
https://soundcloud.com/bcaudio/sets/com ... ard-pharos

Description -

Wayward Pharos centers around a family of three in the late 19th century that lived in a lighthouse (location unknown.) The husband and father (Jacob) had inherited it from his own father who had passed away. The lighthouse was initially left to Jacob's brother (Judah) who had mysteriously fallen ill and died the very same week. The same week that their father's Last Will & Testament was to be read.

After having lived in the lighthouse for a couple of years; Jacob and his wife (Constance) had a child.
A son that they had named Frederik. It was a natural childbirth which would ultimately prove to be in Jacob's favor, as Frederick was physically deformed. An embarrassment, a dark secret. Jacob and Constance didn't want the world to see or even know of their son so, they made a room for him in the basement and kept him locked away.

More years passed by and Fredrick's only view of the world was through a tiny, dirt stained, barred window that over looked the ocean. One night, at the age of 19, Frederick started hearing voices in the walls. Voices that were telling him to "prepare," and that "the time is coming soon." "Who are you?" he asked. No answer was given. It would seem that he was only talking to himself.

The next morning he was awakened by the sound of a small black boat porting on the rocky shore near the lighthouse. A tall, skinny, pale looking man started walking closer, and closer towards the lighthouse. The man headed towards the basement window as if he knew Fredrick, or someone was in there. He finally made it to the tiny window, and for a brief second Fredrick, and the strange looking man made eye contact. A hazy glimpse through a dirty window. Right then Fredrick's father walks out asking if he can help the man find something..
and that's where I stopped writing.

The description turned out to be longer than planned. Sorry!

Also - I'm up for trading digital copies for other EP's/Albums as well. Don't really care what the genre is. So long as it's yours to trade.
Last edited by Ridan on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whoa I'm surprised this didn't get more replies. There are some real gems in this album! Excellent sound design in this!!

Some of this stuff is straight out of a survival horror game..
:borg:

Thank you very much! Spent a lot of time on these tracks. Although, not much time was spent mastering them as my knowledge in that area is minimal.
V0RT3X wrote:Some of this stuff is straight out of a survival horror game..
Coincidentally those are my favorite types of games, so that's a huge compliment for me.

Thanks for listening!

Ridan wrote:Thank you very much! Spent a lot of time on these tracks. Although, not much time was spent mastering them as my knowledge in that area is minimal.
V0RT3X wrote:Some of this stuff is straight out of a survival horror game..
Coincidentally those are my favorite types of games, so that's a huge compliment for me.

Thanks for listening!
Yah mastering is tough, I just wing it mostly until it sounds ok on my headphones. I probably should at some point develop a proper mastering process of some kind and finish my work into an album like this. I just have to stop messing about with synthesizer sound design first :lol:

Awesome I'm a big fan of the Silent Hill series, and the Quake 1 and PSX doom soundtracks. I will be definitely listening to your stuff again, cheers.
:borg:

Return to “Music Cafe”