Roli Equator plugin with Linnstrument?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The RISE Software Bundle currently only contains Equator and Dashboard.
I'm afraid my lips are sealed as to what we may bundle in the future.

T.

Hi,
I just received my Roli, and downloaded equator. So far I am very happy with it, except for one thing : I can't figure how to use equator with ableton. They say it exists as a plugin, but I have no clue how to use it that way, and found nothing in the FAQ of Roli to do so.
I saw that I need to create 10 midi tracks and an instrument track, no problem, but how do I then use equator ? Any tips for me ? (I am an almost beginner with ableton)
Thanks

Hi Sylvaind,

There's no problem with Equator. The problem is that Live removes the MIDI channel information from all received messages, so given that polyphonic expression instruments like Seaboard and LinnStrument send each note on a separate MIDI channel, Equator-within-Live isn't able to know which note is which.

On our Recommended Sound Generators page, I explain this problem with Live but offer two workarounds. The second stated workaround will permit polyphonic expression with LinnStrument and a single instance of Equator-within-Live:

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/linnstru ... ators.html

TedAtRoli wrote:Hi Nigel

I'm Head of Equator at ROLI.

We are currently testing the latest build of Equator with a Linnstrument running V 1.2.3 firmware as part of our validation of MPE support.

A first look suggests that the Linnstrument works fine with Equator's default settings.

We will be releasing regular updates to Equator over the coming months, and any problems we encounter will be fixed.

T.
Thanks for your info Ted.
I will get my LinnStrument in a few days, and Equator is a great MPE synth. Very look forward to use Equator with LinnStrument!!!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”