Cover of Depeche Mode's Tora! Tora! Tora!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:scared:
Ok, I'm not a singer and I have now taken the gigantic step outside my comfort zone. It feels like bungee jumping for me...

Firstly, I have difficulty of Depeche Mode covers. I have no difficulty with covers in general, but when it comes to Depeche Mode do I get big problems with covers!?
Secondly, I am no singer. My vocal efforts are level with playing SingStar on the Play Station or drinking a lot of beer and go into a fight with a karaoke machine...

This whole project started with that I would train to mix vocals.
I picked out the music from the song Tora!Tora! and began to mix. I was very pleased with the results, and had made up with an old friend that he would take the vocals. Sadly, he never came back to me. I therefore decided to "roll up my sleeves" and try to take the volcals myself...
I have now for the first time recorded myself singing, and now it's done.
It has actually been a pretty frightening but incredible learning experience. Because of this, I have become very humble and I have learned to appreciate all of you who sings.

This is my version of Tora! Tora! Tora!
Please take it easy with me, and have tolerance with my vocal performance. I hope that you all like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/no73/toratoratora

This is one of my 3 favourite tracks from Speak and Spell, so I had to give this a listen. You've done a pretty good job with the synths and the production sounds nice too. I thought that the vocals were great, especially for a first recorded performance. The harmonies worked very well.

Good work :)

Thank you very much :)
Glad you noticed the harmonic changes that I have made

Return to “Music Cafe”