So, which DAW's support WASAPI?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... and how do you activate it? I read that Cubase and Studio One support WASAPI on the net, but i don't find the audio driver setting. Do i miss something? On Reaper, i could just choose WASAPI, and it used it.

Sonar supports it.

Alright. :)

Just checked in Studio One 2 Producer, and there's an option "Windows Audio" available under Windows 10. Is that the option i should choose for WASAPI? Looks like i can set quite low buffers, and it also shows me quite low latency.

Edit: Tested the "Windows Audio" option on Windows 8.1 and 10 now, and it indeed seems to be the WASAPI option. Unfortunately, in Windows 8.1, it doesn't really give me low latency (60 ms or so...), while in Windows 10, it seems to be comparable, maybe a bit higher than with ASIO4ALL, where i get about 10 ms.

I'm pretty sure FL Studio does.

Hm, seems like pretty much every DAW supports it then. So far:

Reaper
Studio One
Sonar
FL Studio
Cubase
Harrison MixBus
Jeskola Buzz
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bitwig Studio

Assuming they aren't using our new IAudioClient3 settings (no shipped products have that yet, afaik), go into your audio properties in Windows (from the mixer) and turn off the effects (dolby, etc.). Should get some small latency benefit there.

Pete
Pete Brown - Microsoft
@pete_brown | soundclound.com/psychlist1972

bharris22 wrote:I'm pretty sure FL Studio does.
FL Studio ASIO is an ASIO Driver built around WASAPI.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Why would you want to use WASAPI?
dedication to flying

Harrison Mixbus.

rod_zero wrote:Why would you want to use WASAPI?
Multi-client support for one. Most native ASIO drivers are not multi-client and it's a pain.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Yeah that is a pain. But lat time I used wasapi performance.was horrible.
dedication to flying

Image-Line wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Why would you want to use WASAPI?
Multi-client support for one. Most native ASIO drivers are not multi-client and it's a pain.

Regards Scott
O Deus Audio's ASIO Link Pro will wrap a native ASIO driver and make it multiclient (amongst other things).

Jack Audio can also be used to share a single native ASIO driver by wrapping it with Jack's port audio driver.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:O Deus Audio's ASIO Link Pro will wrap a native ASIO driver and make it multiclient (amongst other things).
While that may be the case, it's another layer of software waiting to cause trouble, and it's not free ;)

What's wrong with WASAPI?

Regards Scott

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”