Looking for analogue/subtractive VSTi plugin...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Vaporizer

- with simple interface (one window only)
- no secret tabs
- at least with 2 OSCs with these classic waveforms: noise, sine, saw, square, triangle
- sync to host LFOs (sine, triangle, saw, square, s&h, noise)
- LP/BP/HP filter
- not SE or Synthmaker
- without any protection or with keyfile or serial number (no iLock, challenge response...)
- for 75$ max.

= = =

I tried few freeware plugins like NoizeMaker, Synth1, FreeAlpha and CM plugins (Dune, Zebra) and payware too, like; Sylenth1 (for me bit pricey), Predator (expensive and don't like its sound), kHs One (well, :roll: ) and Hive (GUI make my eyes bleeding, but sounds :tu: ). Just need one "classic synth" to my Harmor/Harmless collection.

= = =

Thanks for reading and advices.
yzcoruhT

Does Charlatan fit the bill? I don't know if it is host syncable but it's your basic two-osc. http://www.blaukraut.info

Besides sinewaveform I think Audio Damage Basic covers it @ $ 39. No demo unfortunately, just a guarantee for a refund with no questions asked should you be unhappy. From the productpage:
» Three alias-free wavetable oscillators with six waveforms each, and oscillator sync.

» A pair of cascaded filters featuring MS20-style lowpass and highpass, and a bandpass of our own design.

» A four-waveform tempo-syncable LFO with waveshaper.

» ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter frequency.

» User-definable soft-saturation.

» A simple and easy-to-understand workflow, inspired by the classic topology of vintage analog synths like the Minimoog, SEM, and MS20, but with modern usability.

» Touchscreen-friendly and highly visible user interface.

» DRM-free, for easy installation and updating.
EDIT: and from the manual about the waveforms available:
1.Triangle: This is a triangle waveform taken from a Minimoog. It has a warm,
smooth timbre that is useful for “hollow” sounds and sub bass. The filters have
little effect on this waveform, because it doesn’t have many high harmonics.
2. Sawtooth: So-called because it looks like the teeth of a saw. This particular
sawtooth wave is sampled from the Oberheim SEM, an analog synth from the
late 1970s. This is a very bright timbre, and is the waveform that responds best
to filtering.
3. Digigrit: This waveform is lifted directly from the ROM of a classic digital
synth from the late 1980s, and is included mainly because we thought it
sounded cool. This waveform doesn’t have much low harmonic content; sounds
that use it exclusively will not have any “bottom” or bass.
4. Pulse 20%, 5. Square, and 6. Pulse 80%: These three waveforms, also
taken from the Oberheim SEM, are similar, varying only in pulse width. They
are, in timbre, somewhere between the smooth sound of the triangle and the
brashness of the sawtooth.
In addition to the three oscillators, you’ll see a fourth control, labeled “NOISE,”
that lives between OSC 2 and OSC 3. This controls the amplitude of a white
noise source.
Last edited by Gone soft on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steinberg Retrologue? Hard to say though, what is it you don't like about the synths you listed?

Audio Damage Basic ...

» Three alias-free wavetable oscillators with six waveforms each, and oscillator sync.

» A pair of cascaded filters featuring MS20-style lowpass and highpass, and a bandpass of our own design.

» A four-waveform tempo-syncable LFO with waveshaper.

» ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter frequency.

» User-definable soft-saturation.

» A simple and easy-to-understand workflow, inspired by the classic topology of vintage analog synths like the Minimoog, SEM, and MS20, but with modern usability.

» Touchscreen-friendly and highly visible user interface.

» DRM-free, for easy installation and updating.

[Edit] beaten to it ...

Novation V-Station.. I got mine along with Bass-Station in a good deal here in KVR forum for $25 ;)

phreaque wrote:Novation V-Station.. I got mine along with Bass-Station in a good deal here in KVR forum for $25 ;)
I already own 2 V-Station licences + 1 for BassStation, thanks.
yzcoruhT

+1 for Charlatan

Sunrizer is another one to try

http://www.beepstreet.com/plugins

VAST Vaporizer sounds pretty nice. The only thing lacking is a dedicated BP Filter (you can do some LP/HP serial routing for this) but for that you will get some other nice Filtertypes and Envelopes with different curves. Up to 97 parallel oscillators per voice (4 unison / detune banks with max 24 plus 1 noise oscillator). At 16 voice polyphony this results in a maximum number of 1552 oscillators per plug-in at a time. But for that you need some serious CPU power. No hidden tabs. Lots of modulation possibilities and sick Oscillator to Filter routing. Cheap (24.90 € / 29.90 $) and serial or keyfile protection only (can't remember which one).

Check out the demo. Highly recommended and unfortunately very underrated synth.
Last edited by Halma on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

LinPlug Alpha

Tyrell N6......Free.....does have a tab for Preset handling......deal with it..... :wink:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Tyrell N6.............
Dangit, totally forgot this one. Sick synth. :) And free.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Thank you for your replies.
Halma wrote:VAST Vaporizer sounds pretty nice. The only thing lacking is a dedicated BP Filter (you can do some LP/HP serial routing for this) but for that you will get some other nice Filtertypes and Envelopes with different curves. Up to 97 parallel oscillators per voice (4 unison / detune banks with max 24 plus 1 noise oscillator). At 16 voice polyphony this results in a maximum number of 1552 oscillators per plug-in at a time. But for that you need some serious CPU power. No hidden tabs. Lots of modulation possibilities and sick Oscillator to Filter routing. Cheap (24.90 € / 29.90 $) and serial or keyfile protection only (can't remember which one).

Check out the demo. Highly recommended and unfortunately very underrated synth.
This one really impressed me a lot, but 7% and more (mostly 22-47%) with only 1 instance on my notebook is too much for me. :D
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:I tried few freeware plugins like NoizeMaker, Synth1,
This. :wink:

Mr. U-o, what didn't you like about "NoizeMaker, Synth1, FreeAlpha and CM plugins (Dune, Zebra) and payware too, like; Sylenth1 (for me bit pricey), Predator (expensive and don't like its sound), kHs One (well, :roll: ) and Hive (GUI make my eyes bleeding, but sounds :tu: )". :) Will make proposing stuff much easier.

Return to “Instruments”