Green Oak updated Crystal

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Crystal

Isn't it cool that this little freebie jem still gets an update? Respect!
:tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Is it 64 bit and did they finally make the GUI bigger?

Well, it is nice, but it isn't the biggest update I have seen:

Nov 4, 2015: Crystal has been updated to version 2.5.4. This update adds patch bank drag and drop for import/export and adds "Show Crystal Folder" to the Utility menu.

http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/indexDesktop2.html

rustman wrote:Isn't it cool that this little freebie jem still gets an update? Respect!
Yes, totally! It has been a labour of love by Glenn Olander for so many years. We are fortunate to still be able to explore that amazing dimension....
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

To answer wagtunes, yes its 64 bit
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:To answer wagtunes, yes its 64 bit
And the GUI? Any bigger? That's a deal breaker for me as well. My eyes just can't deal with small GUIs anymore.

No changes to the interface.

bibz1st wrote:To answer wagtunes, yes its 64 bit
Excellent. :)

Crystal is one synth that belongs in the Hall of Fame......along with Synth 1......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I rember the first time I figured out how to load
Campbells Pan Pipes soundfont into Crystal!

How about a gui rewrite contest, open to some trustworthy credentialed nda candidates,
with the entire Spectral catalog as first prize? KVR make for some good voters 8)
Cheers

glokraw wrote:I rember the first time I figured out how to load
Campbells Pan Pipes soundfont into Crystal!

How about a gui rewrite contest, open to some trustworthy credentialed nda candidates,
with the entire Spectral catalog as first prize? KVR make for some good voters 8)
Cheers
that would be nice :hyper:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

glokraw wrote:How about a gui rewrite contest
Glenn already rewrote the GUI -- as a fully functional iPad app, with performance (2 key layouts) and mod pages, mod envelope and mod matrix pages for each of 3 voices, and a mix page with like 75 sliders. Just route midi to the app and route audio to your DAW with Audreio or MusicIO or whatever you use. Best of both worlds and you can use touch to control everything.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Teksonik wrote:Crystal is one synth that belongs in the Hall of Fame......along with Synth 1......... :tu:
+1 Yes indeed :clap:

The ability to use soundfonts as waveforms seals the deal for me, this adds almost unlimited flexibility to a great little synth. :tu:
I too would like to see a bigger GUI though, even an option to change skins would be cool (like Oatmeal) :pray:
:tu: All is good

Agreed. Soundfont loading turned this into a monster for me. What I'd really like to see is a more comprehensive granular engine (granular has come a long way since then).

rustman wrote:Isn't it cool that this little freebie jem still gets an update? Respect!
Indeed! thanks for the heads-up. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”