How come nobody ever talks about Absynth anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth

Been watching Groove3 tutorial videos done by Al Swettenham and they are excellent! He has done a superb job fleshing out all the little details in a very understandable and straight forward way. Really loving Absynth after understanding more and would find it hard to say that its "dated" (except for perhaps a few graphic interface details). Sounds superb to me. A lot of care and thought and personality has gone into creating this synth and it has become one of my favorites. I actually find it really intuitive to use. I really have a hard time with technically complex programs but I find this easier than most. Too bad its been pegged as a spacey hippie ambient sort of thing cause its sSO much more than that. I love the wavedrawing/wavetable functionality and granular tools. You can see the years of development that has gone into this. And its going to be a good friend I'm sure.

by the way, if you haven't already, you must check out the Aetherizer. so beautiful and so vast.

Igor Amos wrote:Been watching Groove3 tutorial videos done by Al Swettenham and they are excellent! He has done a superb job fleshing out all the little details in a very understandable and straight forward way. Really loving Absynth after understanding more and would find it hard to say that its "dated" (except for perhaps a few graphic interface details). Sounds superb to me. A lot of care and thought and personality has gone into creating this synth and it has become one of my favorites. I actually find it really intuitive to use. I really have a hard time with technically complex programs but I find this easier than most. Too bad its been pegged as a spacey hippie ambient sort of thing cause its sSO much more than that. I love the wavedrawing/wavetable functionality and granular tools. You can see the years of development that has gone into this. And its going to be a good friend I'm sure.
Me too, a while back. I plan to watch them again soon and get back up to speed.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Igor Amos wrote:Been watching Groove3 tutorial videos done by Al Swettenham and they are excellent! He has done a superb job fleshing out all the little details in a very understandable and straight forward way. Really loving Absynth after understanding more and would find it hard to say that its "dated" (except for perhaps a few graphic interface details). Sounds superb to me. A lot of care and thought and personality has gone into creating this synth and it has become one of my favorites. I actually find it really intuitive to use. I really have a hard time with technically complex programs but I find this easier than most. Too bad its been pegged as a spacey hippie ambient sort of thing cause its sSO much more than that. I love the wavedrawing/wavetable functionality and granular tools. You can see the years of development that has gone into this. And its going to be a good friend I'm sure.
+1

Q: How come nobody ever talks about Absynth anymore?
A: Well for me, it's because I still use Kore player and its soundpacks!

banananut wrote:Q: How come nobody ever talks about Absynth anymore?
A: Because Absynth made us speechless! :hihi:

Mcc>: I honestly don't find women hard to understand. They're just people with different chromosomes and I get on with them just fine. :shrug:

The reason I said that your song was good for "doing things" is that I enjoyed the song, but it's not quite in the style that I prefer to focus my full attention on. Just a difference in preferences and genres, I think. But it has a good sound and doesn't grate on me, like some (lots?) of stuff that might be common to whatever genre this song is (dance?). No offense intended at all.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

thanks Jace...no offense taken!
but the song transcends genre....has no use for it.
i believe genres 1) grate on people's consciousness...creating little boundaries within which people fit-in and feel comfortable...
and can be herded to market.
seriously this song hasn't been touched for years.
i'm glad you liked it...but it hardly represents the thrust of my life's work.
the video is only a not-quite-minor occurrence...definitely an afterthought...it has little to do with the song except that it gives it visual-presence in the
real-world of you-tube and mtv.
i liked the girl dancing...i like girls dancing...i wanted her in the video.
i liked the picture of the dunce-kid. i wanted him in it. it's like anything i do.
there was really no intention of ever making a statement. but you put music and video together and there becomes one in people's mind.
it is engaging....and tough...it's definitely not one of my toe-kissers...and none of my women-friends have said they liked it : P
it's good to like women....girls.....your mom. it's also okay to understand them....i'm glad you do.
i'm unsure where i said one shouldn't?

perhaps we'll do an alternative-video....

so what style(s) do you prefer generally? i always have to ask.
i think i'll be spending some time with josquin and dufay today....it is sunday after all.
i used to always push the envelope...until someone showed me a letter-opener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zHly4zwgI

Re: How come nobody ever talks about Absynth anymore?
Talk is cheap.

Maybe the users put it to good use, instead of hanging around forums shooting their mouth about it.

which reminds me i'm up to 68 posts since 2006....
but i will say that i think josquin and dufay would be big fans of absynth were they with us today.
and bach.

Numanoid wrote:Maybe the users put it to good use, instead of hanging around forums shooting their mouth about it.
So you're positing yourself as example of the latter group?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Maybe the users put it to good use, instead of hanging around forums shooting their mouth about it.
So you're positing yourself as example of the latter group?
Of course! 8)

Numanoid wrote:
Re: How come nobody ever talks about Absynth anymore?
Talk is cheap.

Maybe the users put it to good use, instead of hanging around forums shooting their mouth about it.
Since Native Instruments don't listen to their customers anyways...

Mcc>: I have a hard time deciding if I have any specific genres I can reliably reference for my musical preferences. I don't think I really agree with any genre label, in fact. At least, the artists I like who are dumped into those categories never seem to me to really fit those categories.

I grew up on stuff like classic Doctor Who incidental music, and other instrumental stuff, preferably using synths. I followed few bands till my teens. My tastes evolved into liking music in the bands, verse-chorus-verse format, with vocals. i enjoy singing to things, and love melody. I really love sound design. I think I've come to have a serious preference for various types of distortion. I love aggressive sounds produced with slick production values. My core fandom is probably for Trent Reznor & friends' various works (NIN, HTDA, and soundtracks).

It's probably the most important thing to me that foreground music feels like it goes somewhere within about five minutes, maximum: It starts, develops, has a middle, a climax, and then wraps up, rather than going on for very long without much change. But I still greatly enjoy soundtracks and longer, less busy, even ambient stuff for background listening.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

nice to get a taste for what people are into here as i haven't figured out how to see people's profiles here.
thanks for taking the time to share jace....i guess if i looked closer i would've seen you have a soundcloud page towards your signature...i'll be sure to check it out.
i like some of trent's music but he wears stockings in his videos...he's a genius for sure but a bit of a show-boy also.
that's not that interesting to me but hey it's the industry....a man;s gootta do what a man;s gootta do.
especially if he's an artiste.

i've been in numerous bands and like sung-music as well.
i really don't like rules as to what music should or shouldn't do....sometimes i like songs which immediately get to the point and go about the business rather formulaically. sometimes i like music which meanders...feels lost...directionless only to slowly reveal a theme of great wonder...or even simplicity.
i like noise especially done in the name of beauty. i really like the way stars of the lid treats their guitars to sound rather synth-like.

like i said i'll check your page out...facebook kicked me off a few months back so here i am talking about music a bit.
sorry if that bugs anyone : G

btw as for NI not listening to it's customers i do believe they listen to grimes since she's plugging massive in interviews.
not saying that's good or bad....but it wouldn't have been my choice of NI's legacy to promote.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”