v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

In the video test your voice is low with a lot of hiss and the music is loud, so I turned my volume down as the music was loud but then I can't hear the voice over.
I use Voicemeeter and VB Cable, I set Windows to VB Cable and Reaper to Voicemeeter ASIO and RC to Voicemeeter ASIO AUX. VB Cable to Voicemeeter Hardware Input 1, HiFi Cable to Hardware Input 2.
You should be able to do it all in Active Presenter easily selecting the audio inputs then simply adjust the levels before render.
Reaper works good as a video editor.
Right click Open in new Tab/Window >Reaper Multicam
MultiCam source videos > vimeo.com/110045836

awesome suggestions.. I am seriously looking into this.. for me, though, Reaper doesn't use the correct codec for video. I need to keep the recording at 5 meg bit rate for YouTube.. I could probably fix it, but, taking the time to find the issue is not considered as a solution.. meaning, it is just easier to bump up the volume level..

Active Presenter is free so worth a try.
With the keyboard styles if I set it to import midi 1 line and 1 bar I can then join them into verse, chorus, fills, endings. This is time consuming though.
It is crashing at the moment on most joins though it will restart with the joins intact.
But as mentioned if you can do it all as well with the mouse by dragging the start/end of the structure regions it will be a lot easier.

If you could just drag the end of the green region to the cover the 8 bars of the verse section, then insert a new region and resize it to the chorus etc.. ????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sj1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:07 pm The current pop-up inspectors do not easily dismiss. Neither Esc nor Ctrl-W will accomplish a dismissal.
Pressing W will close all inspectors.
Pressing W again will reopen them at the original position and size.
Modal dialogs (like menus) can be closed by Esc.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Steve,

thanks for your thoughts! :tu:
You brought up some interesting points.
sj1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm Inspectors (e.g. Phrase Inspector) often need to be wider than simple lists in order for their menu items to be readable.
Yes, this is a problem. Inspectors are typically wider than browsers, and sometimes require setting the width dynamically, depending on what you 'inspect'.

On the other hand it must be possible to open browsers AND inspectors at the same time (e.g. when dragging a phrase from the phrase browser to a variation in the phrase inspector).
sj1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm OTOH, if we are going to be stuck with a "last used" size default, or pay a huge price in developmental/maintenance effort for dynamicism because it all has to be custom written and maintained then I question the relative worth of that.
I agree. I wanted to completely rewrite all inspectors but that would take a lot of time. I must optimize my efforts, because there are still a lot to work on the UI.
sj1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm Considering that a user can currently choose to leave any/all Inspectors with a "last used, next open" size and location on the right-hand side if desired, I'm not seeing the shortcoming in the current way of doing things. Maybe someone else can speak to this.
Thank you! The final solution which seems acceptable for everyone is having a choice of floating or docked inspectors. At the moment the floating inspectors remain, but later I will implement docked inspectors in a v4.X update.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 pm Pressing W will close all inspectors.
Pressing W again will reopen them at the original position and size.
Thank you muchly for this reminder, which I needed! :dog:

However, this functionality is not reliable here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example, very often the first inspector opened (e.g. Phrase Inspector) does not want to close via W.

Do others see the same?
Last edited by sj1 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I want to contribute my 5 cents to the last conversations ...)))
Yes, of course the inspector will open with a W push and the same size ... but not in the same place, sorry ..
Mac os .

Huh. I'm on Windows, and the "same place" part seems to work fine here.

If that's missing on the Mac side, then clearly that's an issue! (Should be fixable though.)

sj1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:38 pm Huh. I'm on Windows, and the "same place" part seems to work fine here.

If that's missing on the Mac side, then clearly that's an issue! (Should be fixable though.)
try this.. (I think this is what he means..) Open the phrase dialog, track dialog, file save, timeline, master track.. then move each of them to a new location, then press W... When pressed again, they are not is the last place opened..

BluGenes wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:14 pm try this.. (I think this is what he means..) Open the phrase dialog, track dialog, file save, timeline, master track.. then move each of them to a new location, then press W... When pressed again, they are not is the last place opened..
OK. Tried that. Master Track, Track and Phrase remembered their locations. File Import/Export did not.

RC - File IE Reverts 01.jpg

Again, after a bit of further experimenting, I wound up with Phrase not willing to close via W. (at least until once closed via mouse, which (temporarily) reset it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sj1 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tried again - does not remember the place on the Mac

RapidComposer v3.9b26 is available!

Improvements:
  • Separate 'add empty' and 'duplicate' buttons in the structure inspector
  • Alt-clicking works for splitting/joining lines on the structure bar.
  • It is possible to move line edges on the structure bar.
  • Alt-clicking on a note splits/joins notes
  • Reworked master track labels (scales, tempo, signature) to be more logical
  • Fixed: moving lines and parts did not move phrases
  • Fixed: 'join with next line' did not move phrases
  • Fixed: preview buttons fixed in the browsers when open initially
  • Fixed: right-clicking did not work in the progression browser
  • Fixed: saving rhythm to library by drag-and-drop did not work
  • Fixed: saving progression to library by drag-and-drop offers the right group

Nice work there.. ;) I put the "what's new" video in tips and tricks.. however, I was able finally figure why the save rhythm doesn't work.. It is only saving 1 beat of the rhythm.. I also show what I see when I press the "W" key...

viewtopic.php?p=7851829#p7851829

It's a LOT of the phrases that have the ability to save the rhythm, most all don't work.. Found just a couple that do work.. Plus, the save dialog does not pick up a persistent file name like the phrase save dialog does..

BluGenes wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 pm ...I put the "what's new" video in tips and tricks.. ...
That sound is good now in the video.

Thanks for the split/drag adjust regions. I still get the crash when joining.
But now I can set the import to 1 line 100 bars then just alt click to split.
What if you could save the structures to a structure browser ?
This would then save the controllers.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”